Business Administration (Master of Business Admin.)
Advance your business skills and make an impact.
If you are a motivated and passionate professional looking to make a big impact in business, Creighton University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a great fit for you.
MBA graduates are in high demand in today’s competitive job market. Employment opportunities for graduates of MBA programs are expected to grow 9.2 percent over the next decade and 86 percent of companies across the globe reported plans to hire recent MBA graduates in 2017.
Earning your MBA is about more than a degree – it’s a prerequisite for career advancement. This program will help you improve your critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills – and give you the confidence you need to be an effective, efficient and strategic business leader.
Source: Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI) – October 2017; GMAC Corporate Recruiters Survey Report 2017
Enjoy an MBA that is flexible and customized to your goals.
Creighton’s MBA program is designed for the working professional. You can choose to complete courses online, on campus or a combination of both, allowing you to earn your degree on your schedule. This 33-credit program can be completed just over two years.
Our MBA curriculum is highly customizable to your background, skills and career goals. If you’re new to the study of business, you’ll receive a well-rounded, comprehensive business education. If you already have a business degree, you’ll take a more advanced path that is tailored to your interests and goals.
You can enhance your MBA journey and set yourself apart from your peers by choosing one of several MBA concentrations or by pursuing a graduate certificate or dual degree in addition to your MBA. Read more about these options in the Curriculum and Certificate & Dual Degree Options section below.
Join a network of successful Creighton MBA alumni.
Graduates of Creighton’s MBA program have gone on to pursue careers in a variety of organizations and industries, including numerous Fortune 500 companies such as Union Pacific, ConAgra Foods, Mutual of Omaha, TD Ameritrade and others. Job titles of recent graduates include:
- Operations Manager
- Finance Manager
- Vice President
- Project Manager
- Marketing Manager
Creighton’s MBA program provides a great return on your investment. Graduates within the past 15 years report an average annual salary that is 20 percent higher than the median annual salary for MBA graduates across the nation.
Source: Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI) – October 2017
Creighton University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) consists of 33 credit hours and can be completed in just over two years. Curriculum is tailored to your background, skills and career goals.
Core Courses (9 credit hours)
- Leadership & Organizational Behavior
- Business Policy & Managerial Action
- Business, Ethics & Society
Functional Core* (15 credit hours)
- Financial Reporting for MBAs
- Managerial Finance
- Economic Analysis for Managers
- Marketing Management
- Information Systems Management
*Students with an undergraduate degree in business have flexibility in the functional core to tailor the curriculum to meet their goals and interests,
Electives (9 credit hours)
After completing the Core Courses and required Functional Core classes, you’ll complete the balance of your 33 credit hours from elective courses. These business courses cover advanced topics in all areas of business, including accounting, finance, economics, business intelligence and analytics, marketing and management.
You may choose a concentration in a particular business area by taking multiple courses in a single area. Concentration areas include:
- Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Financial Psychology & Behavioral Finance
- Personal Financial Planning
- Bachelor’s degree and acceptable level of scholarship from an accredited college or university
- Completion of at least one undergraduate statistics course (students who have not met this requirement may complete a noncredit statistics tutorial offered for a fee)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Acceptable GMAT score
- We do not require a minimum score on the GMAT. Students should strive for a minimum score of 500.
- You may submit a GRE score in lieu of a GMAT score
Conditional admission is an option for applicants who have not taken the GMAT and/or have not met the statistics requirement.
If you are an international applicant living in a country where English is not the primary language of instruction, you must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting a:
- Minimum TOEFL score of 90 iBT (557 PBT) OR
- Minimum IELTS overall band score of 6.5, with no sub-score lower than 6
You are not required to submit a TOEFL score report if you received your baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited institution in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada (excluding French Quebec), Australia, New Zealand or Africa (English-speaking only). This is subject to approval by the college.
All international applicants must provide a Certification of Available Finances form in order for the Global Engagement Office to issue an I-20 form.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance, as well as for graduate student scholarships and fellowships. Here’s how to apply for financial assistance.
- Step 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Step 2: We’ll contact you if verification is required
- Step 3: You’ll receive a financial aid award notification
- Step 4: Accept your aid offer
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
Program Start Dates
On campus: August, December, February, May & July
Online: August, October, January, March & June
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. You must submit all application materials at least two weeks prior to your intended start date. International applicants should submit their materials three months prior.
Creighton University offers numerous dual degree options for MBA students, including:
- MBA + Law
- MBA + Master of Science in Business Intelligence & Analytics
- MBA + Master of Investment Management & Financial Analysis
- MBA + Master of Science in Negotiation & Conflict Resolution
- MBA + MD
- MBA + PharmD
- MBA + Master of Science in Organizational leadership
- MBA + Master of Finance
We also offer several relevant graduate certificates that you can choose to add to your MBA and further enhance your skill set, knowledge and resume:
The Jesuit Business Network’s transfer agreement makes attaining an MBA even easier. The agreement guarantees that credits taken at one Jesuit institution will seamlessly transfer to more than 20 other Jesuit universities, including Boston College, Fordham University, Loyola University Chicago, Saint Louis University, Seattle University, and the University of San Francisco.
How does it work?
• Students can augment their coursework with classes from other universities within the network of schools
• If you move during your MBA, you can easily transfer credits back to Creighton in order to complete your MBA
• The degree is conferred by the university where you complete over 50 percent of your coursework