Business Intelligence and Analytics (Master of Science)
Data drives the way successful businesses operate. Housed within the Heider College of Business, Creighton University’s Master of Science in Business Intelligence and Analytics (MS-BIA) program centers around three central ideas: Managing data from a variety of sources, using analytical tools to gain insights from that data, and effectively communicating results to decision makers within your organization.
Employers are searching for business analysts, marketing managers and data scientists who can pull together and manage big data to move their companies forward. A study conducted by the Business-Higher Education Forum found that 69% of employers will prefer job candidates with business analytics degrees by 2021. You can become a top candidate in your field by earning an advanced business intelligence degree at Creighton University.
Designed to Fit Your Busy Schedule
Creighton’s business intelligence and analytics master’s program is flexible and designed with your schedule in mind. Our program can be taken fully online or with a combination of courses held on campus in the evening at Creighton University’s Heider College of Business. With this program, you can upgrade your skills and prepare for new opportunities in a data-driven role in as little as two years.
Anton Ames, MBA | Instructor, Heider College of Business
“The BIA program provides a landscape view of the many different aspects of analytics. Once students have this broad perspective, they can take a deep dive into data mining, machine learning or artificial intelligence.”
Program Goals and Curriculum
Technology touches every aspect of business, and graduates of the MS-BIA program are prepared to set the pace, bringing a values-centered perspective to the business world.
To earn this degree, you must complete 33 credits. Core courses include:
- Survey of Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Data Visual Analysis and Visualization
- Database Management Systems
- Business, Ethics, and Society
Learn from experienced experts with a proven track record of fostering student success. The MS-BIA faculty is an essential part of your learning team that strives to help you achieve your best.
Dual Degree and Certificate Options
Creighton University offers a dual master’s degree program to graduate students who are interested in earning their MBA and MS-BIA simultaneously.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) + Master of Science Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Combine the business focus of the MBA program with the data and technology aspects of the BIA program. Earn two master’s degrees in a shorter amount of time than it takes to complete two full degrees.
- Available in on-campus or hybrid formats
If you aren’t ready to commit to a master’s degree program, you have an opportunity to expand your skills through the Business Analytics Graduate Certificate program.
Certificate in Business Analytics (15 credits)
- Work on projects that involve real-world data sets, develop basic data-driven models, and obtain a basic understanding of analytics by earning the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics.
- Credits earned for a graduate certificate can be applied toward a Master of Science in Business Intelligence and Analytics degree.
- Available in a hybrid format
To be considered for admission to the MS in Business Intelligence and Analytics program, applicants must:
- Complete an application
- Possess a bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Provide official transcripts from all educational institutions attended. Read more about sending transcripts here
- Include a resume or curriculum vitae
- Show proficiency in computer programming and completion of at least one undergraduate statistics course that covered correlation and regression (you may complete a noncredit statistics tutorial and/or a one-credit computer programming course to fulfill these requirements)
- Submit a personal statement (see application for specific requirements)
- Submit two letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members
- Provide a GMAT score, if required
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
International students are welcomed into this program so long as they complete it from their country of residence, as F-1 visas will not be issued.
International applicants must:
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates change in the fall of each year. Visit our financial aid site for more details.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to file the FAFSA to apply for financial assistance. We also encourage you to apply for available graduate student scholarships and fellowships.
Still have questions? Email or call a friendly financial specialist at 402.280.2731 for any additional questions you may have.
Dates and Deadlines
The table below details the enrollment deadlines and starting dates of courses for the current academic year. If you have any questions about dates, deadlines, or application materials, please contact an enrollment specialist for personalized assistance.
Rolling admission: Once your application is submitted it will be reviewed and we'll work with you to get into the next available class.
|START CLASSES IN|