Other Services and Forms

Other Services and Forms

Banner Access: Staff Request

Banner Access: Staff Request

Staff who desire access to Banner (student information) should complete the request form on MyIT.Creighton.edu.

  • On myIT.creighton.edu select I Need Something.
  • Select Access and Permissions.
  • Select one of the following:
    • Banner Finance Access
    • Banner Student Access, or
    • CUBuyplus Access.
  • Complete the form. There is a text field at the end of the form for special requests.
  • Click Submit.

Decline Credit Request

Decline Credit Request

An undergraduate student may not repeat a course for which a final grade of “C” or better (including “P” and “SA”) has been earned. This includes credit awarded through AP Exams, International Baccalaureate, and transfer credit. However, University Undergraduate Policy allows a student to decline credit previously awarded by Creighton for Advanced Placement Examinations, International Baccalaureate, and transfer credit. This credit must have been earned prior to attending Creighton. Students may repeat courses for which credit has been declined. Under no circumstance may credit earned at Creighton be declined. Dual credit courses offered by Creighton may be repeated regardless of the original grade received.  Only the repeated grade will be included in the grade point average.

Advanced Placement Credit

Advanced Placement credit is awarded automatically to degree seeking undergraduate students through the Registrar’s Office. Scores submitted electronically are evaluated according to the score level determined by the College of Arts and Sciences. See the Advanced Placement Standards for a list of acceptable tests and test scores. Students wishing to decline this credit complete this form and return it to the Registrar’s Office. A student may not receive credit in a course for which they have received AP credit unless the AP credit is declined.

AP credit and transfer credit that has been declined will be removed from the student’s transcript. Dual credit that has been declined will continue to appear on the official record but will not be counted as hours toward graduation or in the student’s grade point average.

Credit Decline Request Form






Diplomas: Replacement and Certified Copies

Diplomas: Replacement and Certified Copies

Replacement/Duplicate Diploma Policy and Instructions     

At the time you complete your degree*, and once all of your financial obligations to Creighton University have been met, the University will provide you with a diploma.

In the case that your diploma is lost or destroyed, you may request a replacement.  The fee for a replacement is $50.  The replacement document will look like Creighton?s current diploma and include current officials? signatures. 

Click here for a Diploma Replacement request form.  The completed form must be signed and notarized.  Submit your form, along with a $50 check or money order payable to Creighton University.

Certified Copy of Diploma Instructions

Creighton keeps unofficial copies of only the professional degree diplomas --Medicine, Dental, Law, Pharmacy and Health Professions--on file for providing certified copies for credentialing purposes.

Click here for a form to request a Certified copy of your diploma. 


Submit either of these completed forms to:

Registrar?s Office
Creighton University
Brandeis Hall #202
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178

Contact the Registrar's Office with questions: 402-280-2702 or registrar@creighton.edu.


*Creighton University confers degrees three times per year: May, August, and December.

Note:  A diploma should not be used as the standard for verifying an earned degree.  A transcript or verification from our office [via phone, letter, or the Student Clearinghouse verification] is the official means of providing proof of graduation. If an organization has a question about verifying your degree, please have them contact our office at 402-280-2702.



Name and Address Change Requests

Name and Address Change Requests

Legal Name Change Form

Address Change Form

Preferred First Name Policy

Creighton University allows students to provide a preferred first name which differs from their legal first name. The preferred first name does not alter the legal name on the student's educational record, including the official transcript. Students may indicate their preferred name on the application for admission, or at any time by submitting to the Registrar's Office a completed Preferred First Name Request form.

Allowable Name Formats

Allowable name formats include, but are not limited to:

  • A shortened derivative of a name (e.g., "Sue" for "Susan")
  • A middle name instead of a first name
  • First and middle initials (e.g., "A.J." for "Andrew John")
  • An anglicized name (e.g., "Peter" instead of "Xingyu")
  • A name that better represents the individual's gender identity
  • A name to which the individual is in the process of legally changing

Creighton University will not accept a preferred first name that is vulgar or offensive, obscene, fanciful, or creates confusion of the individual with another person. The Provost or her/his designee has final approval.

Preferred First Name is included on:

  • Class lists
  • Grade rosters
  • Unofficial transcript

Legal First Name is used in:

  • Official transcript
  • Degree verifications
  • Enrollment verification
  • Degree Works
  • Financial Aid
  • Federal and State Agency reporting

Room Scheduling

Room Scheduling

Academic Scheduling

Health Sciences Courses: Joann Crinklaw is the Health Sciences Academic Scheduler responsible for scheduling all Health Science academic courses and exams.  Refer to the Academic Scheduling for Health Sciences Website for complete information.

Academic Courses except Health Sciences: To schedule academic courses and exams please contact the Registrar's office - Chris Jensen or Natalie Cummings.

Non-Academic Scheduling

Students, faculty and staff who wish to reserve a classroom for a Creighton activity (not a class) should contact Centralized Reservations at 280-1493 or reservations@creighton.edu.  More information is available at creighton.edu/reservations.

Temporary Withdrawal from Creighton

Temporary Withdrawal from Creighton

Temporary Withdrawal from Creighton

The Creighton University Catalog contains the complete Temporary Withdrawal Policy.

Procedures for requesting a Temporary Withdrawal may be found here.

Below are related forms required for temporary withdrawal.

Questions?  Contact the Registrar's office at 402-280-2702 or registrar@creighton.edu.