Graduation/Commencement, Applying for Your Degree
August 2023 Degree Conferral/Diplomas
- All students verified to graduate in August 2023 will have a degree conferral date of August 19, 2023, displayed on your Diploma or Certificate and your Official Transcript.
- Diplomas for students graduating in August will be mailed or available for pickup in early September. Please contact us at MarieAngele@creighton.edu with any address updates no later than August 11, 2023.
- If you are expecting your diploma but have not received it by September 15, 2023, please contact us at MarieAngele@creighton.edu.
- An e-diploma will be emailed to the student’s Creighton email address on August 24, 2023.
- Official Transcripts will be available on August 24, 2023, with the degree award. If you pre-order a transcript, please select the option to send after degree is awarded.
- For your degree to be conferred you MUST submit a "Degree Application and Graduation Participation" by the deadline.
- Degree Applications are required for all graduates, regardless of whether or not you plan to participate in a ceremony.
- To apply, Log in to the NEST > Student Services > Student Records > Degree Application and Graduation Participation.
- Deans of the respective Creighton University Schools and Colleges are responsible for approving their candidates for graduation.
- May degree candidates - Due February 15 regardless of ceremony participation
- August candidates - March 15 if participating in commencement or June 15 if not participating in commencement.
- December candidates - March 15 if participating in commencement prior to completion or October 15 if participating in commencement following completion or not participating
Contact Marie in the Registrar’s Office at 402-280-4023 or MarieAngele@creighton.edu with questions.
- Commencement for all Schools and Colleges is held annually in May. The Graduate School holds a December Hooding and Commencement Ceremony.
- Students who complete their degrees in the Spring Semester may attend the Undergraduate Commencement or Graduate or Professional School Commencement ceremony. Regardless of the ceremony date, all degrees will be conferred using the official May date. All diplomas will be mailed or available for pick up in the Registrar’s Office in June.
- Graduate level students who complete their degrees in December may attend the Graduate School December Commencement. Regardless of ceremony date, all degree will be conferred using the official December date. All diplomas will be mailed or available for pick up in the Registrar's office in January.
- Undergraduate students who complete their degree programs in the Fall Semester may attend Commencement in May following completion or in the preceding May if approved by their Dean.
- Undergraduate students who complete their degree requirements during the Summer are encouraged to attend Commencement the preceding May (if approved by their Dean), or may attend the May Commencement following completion.
- Graduate students who complete their degree requirements during the Summer are encouraged to attend Commencement the preceding May (if approved by their Dean), or the December Graduate School Commencement in December.
- Diplomas of May, August and December graduates will be mailed upon confirmation by the respective Dean that the student has completed all degree requirements. Typically, this is in early June, September, and January.