Graduation/Commencement, Applying for Your Degree
Spring 2022 Degree Conferral/Diplomas
- All students verified to graduate in May 2022 will have a degree conferral date of May 14, 2022.
- Diplomas for students graduating in May will be mailed in early June.
- If you are expecting your diploma but have not received it by June 20, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For undergraduate and graduate students, e-diplomas will be emailed to the student's Creighton email address approximately May 20, 2022.
Cap and Gown Pickup
The Creighton Registrar's Office will host Cap and Gown pickup at the Ruth Scott Training Center (Omaha Campus) on Florence Boulevard just south of Burt Street. Pick up times are:
- Wednesday, May 11: 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Thursday, May 12: 7 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 13: 7 a.m.–Noon
Questions? Contact the Registrar’s Office at 402.280.2702 or Registrar@creighton.edu.
- For your degree to be conferred you MUST submit a "Degree Application and Graduation Participation" by the deadline.
- Degree Applications are required for all graduates, regardless of whether or not you plan to participate in a ceremony.
- To apply, Log in to the NEST > Student Services > Student Records > Degree Application and Graduation Participation.
- Deans of the respective Creighton University Schools and Colleges are responsible for approving their candidates for graduation.
- May degree candidates - Due February 15 regardless of ceremony participation
- August candidates - March 15 if participating in commencement or June 15 if not participating in commencement.
- December candidates - March 15 if participating in commencement prior to completion or October 15 if participating in commencement following completion or not participating
Contact Marie in the Registrar’s Office at 402-280-4023 or MarieAngele@creighton.edu with questions.
- Commencement is held annually in May.
- Students who complete their degrees in the Spring Semester may attend the Undergraduate Commencement or Graduate or Professional School Hooding and Commencement ceremony. Regardless of the ceremony date, all degrees will be conferred using the official May date. All diplomas will be mailed or available for pick up in the Registrar’s Office in June.
- Students who complete their degree programs in the Fall Semester may attend Commencement in May following completion or in the preceding May if approved by their Dean.
- Students who complete their degree requirements during the Summer are encouraged to attend Commencement the preceding May (if approved by their Dean) or may attend the May Commencement following completion.
- Diplomas of May, August and December graduates will be mailed upon confirmation by the respective Dean that the student has completed all degree requirements. Typically, this is in early June, September, and January.