Each year, TRIO SSS hosts a celebratory recognition event to acknowledge the accomplishments of our student leaders, seniors, and faculty partners. SSS students and staff have the ability to nominate their peers and faculty for awards, and campus and community partners are invited to join the celebration as awards are bestowed.
SSS students and staff are invited to submit their nominations for student and faculty awards by March 11th.
SSS Senior Graduation Survey:
SSS seniors are invited to complete this senior survey so we can celebrate you during our recognition festivities.
See schedule and nomination and survey forms below!
Below are details of this year’s celebration:
The pandemic can't slow us down! We've spread our annual event across the week of April 25th, and invite you to join us in-person and a virtual celebrations.
Monday, April 25th:
- Catch us outside for a day of TRIO awareness and celebration. Our TRIO partners from Upward Bound, Talent Search, and EOC will join us on the Skinner Mall from 12-3PM. We'll have program information and a selfie booth to raise awareness of our TRIO programs that support first-gen and income-eligible students.
Tuesday, April 26th:
- Today, we'll recognize SSS students for the tireless leadership and service on-campus and in the community. Leadership Awards will be presented in the SSS Office from 12-3PM. Recipients are invited to pic-up their awards and join us in the selfie booth.
Wednesday, April 27th:
- Today, we'll recognize the academic excellence of our students. GPA Awards will be presented in the SSS Office from 12-3PM. Recipients are invited to pick-up their awards and join on Snapchat for a special filter honoring them.
Thursday, April 28th:
- Today, we'll honor faculty who have worked as an advocate and champion for SSS students in the classroom and on-campus. Student nominators will release a video online highlighting the ways this year's faculty has made a difference in their lives.
Friday, April 29th:
- Last but not least, we'll be celebrating our seniors, many of which are the first in their families to graduate from college. Seniors are invited to join us in SSS from 12-3PM to pick up their senior gift, decorate your cap, and take graduation photos in the selfie booth. Group photo for Class of 2022 will take place at 3:00PM in SSS.
|Year||Faculty Leadership Award||SSS Spirit of St. Ignatius||Markoe Award||Pat Al-Greene, Dedication||Tamara Stovall-Smith, Achiever||Promise||Ambassador||Peer2Peer's Men-tor of the Year|
|2021||Professor Peter Stone||Efren Garcia||Jacob Idra & Emily Burke||Jaden Exline||Haley Pulliam & Nathan Zimmerman||Jada Jung||Angelina Manasan & Brittney Long||Nathan Zimmerman|
|2020||Dr Andrew Kraemer||Jada Glover||Kelsey Philippe||Jayrald Mercene||Sarah Sinsel||Nathan Zimmerman||Sarah Walker||Makala Smith|
|2019||Dr. Tom Wong||Abril Rangel-Pacheco||Jordan Malcolm||David Silva-Eraso||Janay Williams||Angelina Manasan||Natasha Koval & John Godoy||Hong Nguyen|
|2018||Mary Longo||Kat Lopez||Jessica Valdez||Yesika Juarez & Ashley Kahn||Cesar Torres||Kelly Nguyen||Chris Bradley & Jesus Yanez|
|2017||Dr. Hollie Siebler||Lulu Alvarez||Joanna Perez||Daniel Rodriguez||William Herron||Anne Dragseth||Abril Rangel-Pacheco|
|2016||Dr. Maorong Jiang||Rachel Baiyee-Cady||Deja' Morrison||Korey Higa||Jhone' White-Lucas||Jesus Perez||Justin Nguyen|
|2015||Dr. Corey Guenther & Dr. Mary Ann Danielson||Baptiste Beaux Beauvais||Justin Sears||River Gunville||Lin Lau||Cindy Kanga & Alan Timilsina||Makayla Nelson Joanna Perez|