Committees & Programming
Specialty student committees were created to help lift up student voice and engagement in SSS programs. Various committees and engagement opportunities are described below. Each student committee is led by an SSS Staff member.
Peer2Peer is a mentoring program designed to support first year SSS participants with the transition to college life through the guidance and assistance of upper class SSS students. Peer2Peer combines one-on-one meetings between mentors and mentees and group activities and meetings. In the past, P2P activities have included trips to the pumpkin patch and zoo, soccer games, and potluck and movie nights. Check out the Peer2Peer page for more information and the application to be a mentor.
If you're an incoming freshmen, and interested in being matched with a mentor, contact your coach.
This committee would be responsible for assisting with the annual Recognition Ceremony each April. Primary responsibilities include volunteering day-of ceremony, photographing SSS participants at Creighton events throughout the year, putting together the Photo Collage PowerPoint for the Ceremony, nominating a faculty member for the Faculty Award, and nominating students for the Student Specialty Awards. This committee would meet monthly, August through April, and would require additional attendance at SSS events to take pictures. Submit your interest form here!
As part of the participation requirements, accepted first-year participants must attend Orientation each semester. For participants, Fall Orientation takes place as a retreat! As a retreat Student Leader you will play a vital role in support students and facilitating programming. You will be a catalyst for team building, personal growth, and encouraging good spirit over the 24-hour period.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with group activities and ice breakers
- Assist with bus ride (loading, unloading, head count)
- Facilitate appropriate group discussions in small groups (LASSI)
- Stay on camp premises the duration of the retreat
- Make sure all assigned participants are accounted for
- Assist SSS staff as needed
- Attend training during the summer
- Assist with making door decs for students during the summer (if available)
- Completing all assignments to fulfill your Orientation requirements as an upper-class student
Applications can be completed here.