Management Degree (Bachelor of Science in Business Administration)
A Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) with a concentration in management from Creighton is the perfect choice if you want to develop leadership skills and influence organizational behavior in your business career.
The business management degree program is designed for students with a strong interest in business but whose desire for specialization lies outside the traditional majors. You can specialize in entrepreneurship, ethics, human resources, pre-law, military management or social entrepreneurship.
The business management degree is designed for individuals seeking careers as management trainees, in human resources, in business ethics or in pre-law. Creighton’s management majors specialize in operations, logistics, human resource management, entrepreneurial management and development. In the management degree program, you will:
- Learn business planning and finance for entrepreneurs
- Gain an understanding of organizational psychology
- Develop leadership and management skills
Real-world experience is a key component of the management program, with opportunities for students to:
- Participate in the Business Ethics Alliance
- Manage the iJay store, Creighton’s on-campus Apple store, as part of a practicum course
Minor in Social Entrepreneurship
The social entrepreneurship minor offers you the ability to organize, create and manage a venture to make social change.
Students majoring in management can choose from six tracks:
- Business Ethics Track
- Entrepreneurship Track
- Human Resources Track
- Military Management Track (ROTC only)
- Pre-Law Track
- Social Entrepreneurship Track
- Business Ethics Track Curriculum
- General Entrepreneurship Track Curriculum
- Human Resources Management Track Curriculum
- Military Management Track Curriculum
- Pre-Law Track Curriculum
- Social Entrepreneurship Track Curriculum
Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s program
If you see graduate school in your future, why not start sooner? Those specializing in the Human Resources Management track can get a jump-start on their master’s while finishing up their bachelor’s degree. Choose from MS in Integrative Health and Wellness or MS in Organizational Leadership.
Learn how to save a year of time and tuition through our Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s programs.
The Heider Mindset Curriculum
Employers today need agile, adaptive professionals who understand that business can be done ethically and for the good of others. Creighton is paving the way in preparing students with those skills by implementing the Mindset Curriculum. Our courses help students work toward the skills that businesses are looking for, positioning them for success in the job market and beyond. It's part of how we teach students to do well while doing good. The six mindset are: Action, Analytical, Collaborative, Cross-Cultural, Reflective and Service.
Creighton admissions are based upon:
- High school GPA
- ACT or SAT scores*
- Extracurricular activities
- Personal statement to demonstrate creative abilities not reflected in your transcripts
- Recommendation from high school counselor
- Honors sections and advanced placement courses will enhance a candidate’s application
*For students who are choosing to apply test-optional, ACT/SAT exam scores are not required at the time of application for admission.
Dates & Deadlines
Applications for the fall semester open on Aug. 1 of the prior year. For scholarship consideration, the earlier you complete your undergraduate application, the better. For up-to-date deadlines, visit our admissions page.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates are updated each year. Visit our financial aid site to learn more about the cost of attendance.
Creighton University’s Financial Aid Office administers over $200,000,000 in student aid each year from federal, state, institutional and private sources.
To help make your undergraduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to file the FAFSA to apply for financial assistance. A variety of scholarships are also available.
Alpha Kappa Psi: Business
- Alpha Kappa Psi is the oldest and largest business fraternity. Become a part of a group that develops well-trained, ethical, skilled, resourceful, experienced business leaders.
Heider Business Senate
- The Creighton University Heider Business Senate is a liaison between the student body and the administration of the Heider College of Business. The Senate promotes the mission and values of the Heider College of Business through various projects.
Beta Gamma Sigma: Business
- This society encourages and rewards scholarship and accomplishment among students of commerce and business administration. Beta Gamma Sigma promotes the advancement of education in the art and science of business and fosters integrity in the conduct of business activities.
Business Career Programs
We take your success seriously at Creighton. So seriously that we have designed our Career Portfolio Program around your success as both a student and a professional. Our integrated philosophy of incorporating a balanced, hands-on learning experience with emphasis on ethics and service to others means that as a Creighton graduate, you will have the freedom, conscience, commitment and opportunity to do the right thing extremely well.
Additionally, more than 90% of business students complete at least one internship during their college career. Internships are an excellent way to “sample” jobs that might become your career focus. Interns gain real-world skills that strengthen their qualifications and give them a competitive edge when applying for full-time jobs later.