Marketing Major (Bachelor of Science in Business Administration)
Are you a problem solver who enjoys working on creative projects? Do you like analyzing human behavior, conducting research and testing, or developing inventive ways to promote products? A Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) with a marketing major is a great choice for you.
Students earning a bachelor’s degree in marketing from the Heider College of Business are immersed in the world of commerce—from developing business plans to product development and promotion. You’ll take courses such as advertising, public relations, consumer behavior, market research and digital marketing. Plus, more than 90% of business students complete an internship.
Most marketing degree graduates begin their careers as either a sales or marketing trainee in a wide variety of industries, such as pharmaceuticals, banking, insurance, retail and consumer product companies. Opportunities are abundant in marketing, and Creighton graduates are successful in finding jobs that closely match their career goals.
As a marketing major, you’ll learn to:
- Analyze industry trends to determine the most promising strategies for your organization
- Communicate effectively with an internal team and with potential clients
- Develop creative thinking skills
- Manage your time and campaign budgets efficiently to obtain the greatest marketing ROI
- Strategic Communications Track
- Customer Analytics Track
Major Requirements Include:
- Consumer and Market Behavior
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Management: Policy and Strategy
Electives or Specialization
Select nine credits of MKT electives at the 300-400 level (except MKT 319).
Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program
If you see graduate school in your future, why not start sooner? Get a head start on a master’s in Organizational Leadership while finishing up your bachelor’s degree.
Interested in teaching in secondary education? Begin a Master of Education in Secondary School Teaching and earn an endorsement in your teaching preparation.
Learn how to save a year of time and tuition through our Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s programs.
The Heider Mindset Curriculum
Employers today need agile, adaptive professionals who understand that business can be done ethically and for the good of others. Creighton is paving the way in preparing students with those skills by implementing the Mindset Curriculum. Our courses help students work toward the skills that businesses are looking for, positioning them for success in the job market and beyond. It's part of how we teach students to do well while doing good. The six mindset are: Action, Analytical, Collaborative, Cross-Cultural, Reflective and Service.
Creighton admissions are based upon:
- High school GPA
- ACT or SAT scores*
- Extracurricular activities
- Personal statement to demonstrate creative abilities not reflected in your transcripts
- Recommendation from high school counselor
- Honors sections and advanced placement courses will enhance a candidate’s application
*For students who are choosing to apply test-optional, ACT/SAT exam scores are not required at the time of application for admission.
Dates & Deadlines
Applications for the fall semester open on Aug. 1 of the prior year. For scholarship consideration, the earlier you complete your undergraduate application, the better. For up-to-date deadlines, visit our admissions page.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates are updated each year. Visit our financial aid site to learn more about the cost of attendance.
Creighton University’s Financial Aid Office administers over $200,000,000 in student aid each year from federal, state, institutional and private sources.
To help make your undergraduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to file the FAFSA to apply for financial assistance. A variety of scholarships are also available.
American Marketing Association Student Chapter
- Creighton’s chapter of the American Marketing Association, part of the American Marketing Association (AMA), is a professional association for individuals involved in the practice, teaching and study of marketing worldwide. Through Creighton’s Chapter of the AMA, you can explore the marketing field though educational experiences; connect with the Omaha community through networking events; and enjoy social events with fellow Creighton students.
Alpha Kappa Psi: Business
- Alpha Kappa Psi is the oldest and largest business fraternity. Become a part of a group that develops well-trained, ethical, skilled, resourceful, experienced business leaders.
CU Heider Business Senate
- The Creighton University Heider Business Senate is a liaison between the student body and the administration of the Heider College of Business. The Senate promotes the mission and values of the Heider College of Business through various projects.
Beta Gamma Sigma: Business
- This society encourages and rewards scholarship and accomplishment among students of commerce and business administration. Beta Gamma Sigma promotes the advancement of education in the art and science of business and fosters integrity in the conduct of business activities.
We take your success seriously at Creighton. So seriously that we have designed our Career Portfolio Program around your success as both a student and a professional. Our integrated philosophy of incorporating a balanced, hands-on learning experience with emphasis on ethics and service to others means that as a Creighton graduate, you will have the freedom, conscience, commitment and opportunity to do the right thing extremely well.
More than 90% of business students complete at least one internship during their college career. Internships are an excellent way to “sample” jobs that might become your career focus. Interns gain real-world skills that strengthen their qualifications and give them a competitive edge when applying for full-time jobs later.