Haddix Dean’s Fellows Program
The College of Arts and Sciences Haddix Dean’s Fellows Program
The prestigious College of Arts and Sciences Haddix Dean’s Fellows Program is rooted in the Jesuit traditions of Creighton University. In this four-year program, students work closely with the dean of the College and members of the dean’s leadership team, building connections with faculty, staff, alumni and students. They explore the concept of Ignatian leadership and develop their own leadership skills through discussion and experiences inside and outside of the classroom. College of Arts and Sciences Haddix Dean’s Fellows are passionate and engaged servant-leaders in our campus community. The Haddix Dean’s Fellows Program is possible thanks to the generosity of George Haddix, PhD, MA’66, and his wife, Susan, a member of Creighton’s Board of Trustees.
It is the mission of the program to create student leaders who embody the Jesuit Values of Creighton University both on and off campus. Through education, mentorship, and outreach, this program seeks to form a community of highly motivated individuals who will learn the skills necessary to go forth and change their community for the better. The program aims to deepen the understanding of the following attributes of Ignatian leadership development: service, Ignatian spirituality, civic and community engagement, inclusion and intercultural awareness, and creativity and the arts.
Fellows in good standing with the program will have access to the following benefits:
- Dean’s Office support for internships and leadership opportunities inside and outside of the College
- Priority registration for classes
- A special section of RSP led by the dean and associate deans
- A Critical Issues in Human Inquiry class designed specifically for Haddix Dean’s Fellows
- Leadership seminars throughout each academic year
- The opportunity to build relationships with upperclassmen through Dean’s Fellows Loyalty Circles
- Eligible for a $1,000 foreign study stipend and a $250 research/professional development grant
- Special invitations to meet and interact with campus speakers and alumni, including the College’s Alumni Advisory Council, which consists of local and national leaders in health care, the arts, nonprofits and business
Incoming College of Arts and Science students are eligible to apply to the Haddix Dean’s Fellows Program if they meet one of the following criteria:
- A minimum 3.8 high school GPA on a 4.0 scale OR
- minimum test score of 28 (ACT) or 1300 (SAT, Math + Critical Reading).
Interested students must apply to the program and complete an interview. Applications are available in your admissions student portal.
Eligibility requirements are assessed on a yearly basis; requirements may change from previous years.
Once admitted, members of the College of Arts and Sciences Haddix Dean’s Fellows Program must adhere to all policies to remain in good standing with the program. These policies include maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.30, attending all program-related meetings and events, and serving as an ambassador to prospective students.
For questions about this program, email the Dean’s Office at email@example.com or call the office at 402.280.4009.