Basic Program Requirements
We are unable to accept applicants with previous GME experience.
We only accept applications through ERAS. The application deadline is Oct. 30.
For the 2022 ERAS® cycle, our program will be participating in the supplemental ERAS application offered through the AAMC’s ERAS program. Applicants will be required to complete the MyERAS application, and participation in the supplemental ERAS application is optional.
Components required in the MyERAS application are:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Dean’s letter of recommendation
- Personal Statement / CV
- Medical School Transcript
- Successful completion of USMLE I, II and CS with a score of at least 225. We accept all ECFMG pathways for Step 2 CS
- USMLE transcript
We are unable to accept out of match positions
All applications are reviewed, and consideration is given to those who meet the above minimum requirements. We welcome applications from all regions.
The program director and the application review committee review all applications that meet the above criteria and determine which applicants we invite to an interview. Our interviews will take place November to January, on predetermined Fridays by invitation only. Invitations will be sent via email. Applicants will receive correspondence whether they are selected to interview or not. We will only offer 60 interview positions.
All interviews will be virtual this match cycle. We will offer a pre-interview resident “open house” via zoom the night prior to interview day. We will begin interview day at 8am CST with our Surgical Grand Rounds Conference. Interviews will begin after Grand Rounds. Each applicant will participate in one leadership, 2 faculty and 1 PGY4 resident interview session.
We participate in the NRMP (National Residency Match Program).
Frequently Asked Questions
Does your program accept international medical graduates?
- Yes - we do have international medical graduates in our program. In the current academic year, 1 of our 22 residents is an IMG.
Type of Visa we Sponsor
- All GME programs at CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center Bergan Mercy support J-1 visas only.
U.S. Training Requirement
- No prior U.S. training is required to be considered in our program.
USMLE Score Cutoff
- We consider all candidates with USMLE scores over 225.
Number of Open Positions
- Every year we interview for 4 categorical positions and 2 preliminary positions.