Why Creighton Nursing?
Do you want to make a difference in the world? Would you like a fulfilling career that allows you to spend every day serving others? If so, the Creighton University College of Nursing is the perfect place to begin your journey.
For nearly 60 years, the College of Nursing has been preparing students by giving them the theoretical knowledge and clinical skills to thrive in a nursing profession. Our graduates have the critical thinking skills to assess, plan, implement and manage patient care, as well as the values to truly impact the lives of those they touch.
College of Nursing in a Nutshell
- Creighton University is rooted in Jesuit values and traditions. The lessons learned within our classrooms and clinical settings are centered on a faith-based identity, encouraging nursing students to make a difference in the lives of others.
- Our students succeed—in fact both our undergraduate and graduate students exceed the national average for first-time pass rates on national certification and licensure exams.
- We offer preceptorships at the nation’s largest hospitals and in rural and specialty hospitals.
- Students gain hands-on experience through outreach and service in underserved areas, across the United States and abroad in places such as the Dominican Republic.
- We’re fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
More Reasons to Choose Creighton Nursing
- We offer direct admissions. Freshmen who apply and are accepted into the BSN program need not reapply. Once you’re in, you’re in!
- Our care management model has received national and international recognition.
- Our faculty is second to none. They’re engaged in clinical practice and research, and they bring their knowledge and experience to the classroom.
Our Bluejay Difference
"I chose Creighton because of its excellent reputation in nursing. I am encouraged to get involved in service activities, such as working with special needs children. The ability for students to get real experience early on sets Creighton apart. I love Creighton!" — Gabriella Jude, Traditional BSN student