Active Duty & Veterans
Creighton Welcomes Veterans and Active Duty Service Members
Our online and on-campus programs provide an elite education opportunity for veterans and active duty service members. Whether it is your first time taking college courses or you are a returning student in search of flexible, continuing education options, Creighton is the perfect place for you to realize your goals. We will evaluate your transcripts, military training and experience then offer earned credit toward your degree program.
Creighton's Office of Military and Veterans Affairs is here to help students set up, understand and most efficiently use their VA benefits and funding.
We also extend tuition discounts and participate in the following programs:
The VA determines benefit eligibility and student payment amounts.
Contact us to start using your benefits at Creighton.
Transfer Your Benefits
If you are an active duty service member, under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33), you may transfer some or all of your unused education benefits to a spouse or dependent. The Department of Defense (DoD) determines if you can transfer benefits to family members.
- To request a transfer, the service member must do so via the Department of Defense website.
- Once the DoD approves benefits for transfer, the service member will receive a letter of approval.
- The new beneficiary (spouse and/or dependent) must then apply to use the transferred benefits from the VA via the Veterans OnLine Application (VONAPP) using VA Form 22-1990e.
- The VA will send a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in approximately 2-3 weeks directly to the new beneficiary.
- Upon your receipt, provide your COE and Creighton Information Form to the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs.
- The Office of Military and Veterans Affairs will certify your enrollment with the VA.
To learn more about transferring benefits, visit the DoD website.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.