Find your place in the world with a top-ranked education.
Creighton is a wonderful place for students, faculty and staff to live, learn and serve in the Jesuit tradition. But don’t take our word for it. See what everyone else is saying about Creighton and our schools and colleges.
A Top-ranked National University
Creighton University ranks in the top third of National Universities in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 rankings for “Best Colleges.” For a second consecutive year, Creighton returns to the prestigious list of National Universities, recognized for offering a full range of undergraduate majors and master’s and doctoral programs, and for producing groundbreaking research.
A top-ranking National University classification marks an elevation in Creighton’s reputation. For 16 years in a row, Creighton had been recognized as No. 1 in the Midwest category. View more details.
Creighton is also recognized for undergraduate teaching, innovation, and as a best value institution.
Named a Top University
In 2021, the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Ranking recognized Creighton in the top 20% of institutions in its survey.
The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings named Creighton one of the Top 10 big-city colleges in the Midwest in 2020.
Creighton is recognized by four academic ranking organizations, Forbes, The Princeton Review and the Center for World University Rankings, among the nation’s top higher education institutions.
- The Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) ranks Creighton No. 966 out of 20,000 schools worldwide. Nationally, the CWUR places the University at No. 212.
- The Princeton Review has included Creighton in the 2020 edition of its annual guide, The Best 385 Colleges. The publication praises Creighton for its robust campus life and hardworking students inclined toward community service.
- Forbes magazine has rated Creighton No. 194 on its list of the nation’s top 650 colleges that deliver “the top academics, best experiences, career success and lowest debt.”
Best Online Programs
In 2021, U.S. News & World Report named several Creighton University online programs at the top of their respective categories.
- Master’s Education Programs (No. 7)
- Master’s Business Programs (non-MBA) (No. 24)
- MBA Business Analytics (No. 16)
- MBA Finance (No. 19)
- MBA General Management (No. 21)
- MBA Programs for Veterans (No. 30)
- MBA Programs (No. 35)
A First-gen Forward University
The Center for First-generation Student Success, an initiative of NASPA – Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education and The Suder Foundation, included Creighton in its 2021-22 First-gen Forward cohort.
The First-gen Forward designation recognizes institutions of higher education for demonstrated commitment to improving experiences and advancing outcomes of first-generation college students.
A Top School for Military Students
U.S. News & World Report named Creighton a top 100 national university for veterans in 2021.
Creighton was also named a 2021-2022 ‘military-friendly’ school by the Military Friendly® resource and media group. Creighton was also named a ‘Best for Vets’ college for 2021,
Military Advanced Education & Transition selected Creighton University as a top school in the 2018 MAE&T Guide to Colleges & Universities research study.
A “Best Value” College
- The Princeton Review selected Creighton as one of the nation’s best-value institutions in its 2020 edition of “Best Value Colleges: 200 Schools with Exceptional ROI for Your Tuition Investment.”
- Creighton was also named among the 25 schools “Making an Impact.”
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance named Creighton University among its “Best College Values" for 2019. Kiplinger’s assesses quality according to measurable standards, including the admission rate, the percentage of students who return for sophomore year, the student-faculty ratio and the four-year graduation rate. Cost criteria include sticker prices, financial aid and average debt at graduation. Kiplinger ranks Creighton No. 150 out of 400 overall and No. 46 among private institutions.
©2019 The Kiplinger Washington Editors. All rights reserved. Used by permission and protected by the Copyright Laws of the United States. The printing, copying redistribution, or retransmission of this Content without express permission is prohibited.
Since 2005, Creighton has produced 23 Goldwater Scholars, recognized for their academic achievements in the natural sciences. Creighton remains the No. 1 producer of Goldwater Scholars among Catholic universities during the same time period.
A College of Distinction
High school guidance counselors are some of our biggest fans. Many recommend us for our student engagement, quality of teaching, vibrancy of the college community and success of graduates. That support—and other research—earned us a dedicated profile on Colleges of Distinction.
A Fair Trade University
We’re proud to be the first Jesuit university to achieve Fair Trade status as part of Fair Trade Colleges & Universities, a national initiative to recognize institutions’ efforts to support fair trade through five criteria.
A Sustainable University
Creighton University is one of the nation’s most environmentally responsible colleges, according to The Princeton Review. The education services company features Creighton in The Princeton Review Guide to Green Colleges: 2021 Edition.