Whether you are looking to expand your health career options or volunteer in your local community as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Creighton University’s industry-leading EMT course will help you reach your goals. The EMT course meets twice per week for four hours. In addition to classroom learning, you will also engage in ambulance and hospital clinical experiences. That means you will gain the knowledge, skills and hands-on practice you need to provide exceptional emergency medical care.
Our EMT course emphasizes patient assessment and reinforcement of the basic sequence of emergency care procedures. The course follows the United States Department of Transportation Emergency Medical Technician, Educational Standards and Guidelines. Developed by emergency medical and education experts, this curriculum ensures you are receiving the highest quality, most up-to-date EMT education.
As an EMT student, you are required to have the equivalent of the American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification. Certification that only assesses cognitive (written) skills will not satisfy this requirement.
Recommended certifications include (but are not limited to):
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- American Red Cross Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- American Safety & Health Institute CPR Pro for the Professional Rescuer
Need to earn your certification? Creighton offers American Heart Association BLS courses.
Because of the nature of the field and clinical components of your EMT education, you are required to complete a comprehensive certified background check. You are responsible for the cost of this investigation, completed by a vendor chosen by Creighton. Instructions will be provided in your post-acceptance welcome package.
As an EMT student, you must comply with the immunization requirements for Creighton Health Sciences students. Instructions for submitting immunization information will be provided in your acceptance materials. Learn more.
In addition to the Application you must supply:
- High School or College transcripts
- Copy of driver’s license or other government-issued photo ID
- Short Essay
Questions? Please contact us:
Creighton’s EMT education is competitively priced. Here are the estimated costs associated with your EMT course:
- Tuition: $795*
- $100 deposit due upon admission decision
- Textbook: $120
- Certification examination fee: $80
- Uniform Shirts $50 - Click here to order your uniform.
- Immunization: Cost varies
- Background check: Cost varies
*Students registering for college credit will be billed at the current credit hour rate. The cost of tuition is subject to change.
Course offerings include two, four-hour sessions per week on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons or evenings.
- Jan. 12 – May 10, 2022 – Tues. and Thur. 12:30–4:30 p.m. *App deadline Dec. 24, 2021
- Jan. 12 – May 10, 2022 – Tues. and Thur. 6–10 p.m. *App deadline Dec. 24, 2021
- May 16 – August 13, 2022 – Tues. and Thur. 6–10 p.m. *App deadline Apr. 16, 2022
- August 17 – December 10, 2022 – Tues. and Thur. 12:30–4:30 p.m. *App deadline Jul. 18, 2022
- August 17 – December 10, 2022 – Tues. and Thur. 6–10 p.m. *App deadline Jul. 18, 2022