Law-Business Administration (BSBA/JD or BSBA/MBA/JD)
Jump start your career faster by earning dual or triple degrees in business and law. A business background provides a great foundation for the study of law. A thorough knowledge of the principles and processes of an economic organization is essential to an understanding of legal principles. With this program, you’ll enjoy a rich and well-rounded college and law school experience.
Gain a competitive edge in the job market and put your law and business expertise to action. With a focus on humanist values, a Creighton education will set you up for a satisfying career where you’ll do well while doing good.
Triple Degree Program
You can earn your bachelor’s degree in business, MBA, and law degree all within a seven-year period. Creighton University is one of the few universities in the country offering this combined business-law program.
Qualified students who want to earn three degrees (BSBA, JD and MBA) in just seven years can do it by following the 3/3 program described below and enrolling in the MBA program in the fifth year.
3/3 Dual Degree Program
The 3/3 program allows you to earn an undergraduate business degree (BSBA) and a law degree (JD) in six years, rather than the usual seven. You’ll become a candidate for the undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree following your first year of law school. In the fifth year, you can also choose to enroll in the Master of Business Administration program.
Creighton’s six-year bachelor’s degree/law degree program will teach you:
- Leadership and management skills
- The ability to analyze and solve legal problems
- Critical and creative problem solving, sometimes contrary to conventional wisdom
- Sound practical judgment
- The tools, techniques and skills necessary to practice law successfully and ethically
- Insight into how the law operates in the real world
- Ignatian values, including personal and professional formation and seeking justice for all
In the 3/3 program, you will take core curriculum courses and business courses for your first 3 years. Then, your “senior” year will be your first year of law studies, which counts as the field of concentration courses for your BSBA degree.
For the triple degree (BSBA, JD, MBA) program, you’ll begin by following the plan above. In the seventh year, you’ll start the MBA program.
Creighton admissions are based upon:
- High school GPA
- ACT or SAT scores*
- Extracurricular activities
- Personal statement to demonstrate creative abilities not reflected in your transcripts
- Recommendation from high school counselor
- Honors sections and advanced placement courses will enhance a candidate’s application
*For students who are choosing to apply test-optional, ACT/SAT exam scores are not required at the time of application for admission.
The 3/3 dual degree program is open by invitation to first-year students who have been admitted to the Heider College of Business
To be admitted to the Creighton School of Law after only three years, students should earn and maintain a GPA of 3.5 in their Creighton coursework and must meet additional requirements. Students are strongly encouraged to participate in the pre-law seminar.
Dates & Deadlines
Applications for the fall semester open on Aug. 1 of the prior year. For scholarship consideration, the earlier you complete your undergraduate application, the better. For up-to-date deadlines, visit our admissions page.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates are updated each year. Visit our financial aid site to learn more about the cost of attendance.
Creighton University’s Financial Aid Office administers over $200,000,000 in student aid each year from federal, state, institutional and private sources.
Alpha Kappa Psi: Business
- Alpha Kappa Psi is the oldest and largest business fraternity. Become a part of a group that develops well-trained, ethical, skilled, resourceful, experienced business leaders.
CU Heider Business Senate
- The Creighton University Heider Business Senate is a liaison between the student body and the administration of the Heider College of Business. The Senate promotes the mission and values of the Heider College of Business through various projects.
Beta Gamma Sigma: Business
- This society encourages and rewards scholarship and accomplishment among students of commerce and business administration. Beta Gamma Sigma promotes the advancement of education in the art and science of business and fosters integrity in the conduct of business activities.
Business Career Programs
- We take your success seriously at Creighton. So seriously that we have designed our Career Portfolio Program around your success as both a student and a professional. Our integrated philosophy of incorporating a balanced, hands-on learning experience with emphasis on ethics and service to others means that as a Creighton graduate, you will have the freedom, conscience, commitment and opportunity to do the right thing extremely well.
- More than 90% of business students complete at least one internship during their college career. Internships are an excellent way to “sample” jobs that might become your career focus. Interns gain real world skills that strengthen their qualifications and give them a competitive edge when applying for full-time jobs later.
Creighton University has maintained continuous accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission since 1928. For information regarding the University’s accreditation status, visit creighton.edu/accreditation.
Employment of lawyers is projected to grow 10% by 2022, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Because more students graduate from law school each year than there are jobs available, competition for positions is strong. Getting two or three degrees in a faster timeline gives you a head start.