Close Menu

Pregnancy and Parenting

Know Your Rights

Title IX makes it illegal to discriminate because of sex, which includes discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, false pregnancy, miscarriage, or related conditions, including recovery. Title IX also ensures the right to take medically necessary leave and to be free of harassment, intimidation, or other discrimination because of pregnancy-related conditions.

Creighton's Harassment, Discrimination, Sexual and Relationship Misconduct Policy ensures compliance with Title IX. This includes protecting faculty, staff, and students from sex-based harassment or discrimination, including discrimination related to an individual's status as pregnant and/or parenting.