Infectious Disease Fellowship: How to Apply
Each year the Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program has openings for one or two (PGY-4 or higher) trainees. One year we accept one fellow, and the next year we accept two. Thus, there are three fellows in training at any given time. Positions are filled through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP) using the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). This program does not accept paper applications.
In order to be eligible for acceptance into the program, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
- MD, DO, or MBBS
- US Citizenship, Permanent Resident, or J1 Visa Status
- Completed three years of postgraduate training in an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine residency program by the time of entry into the fellowship program.
Applicants must complete their ERAS applications in the academic year prior to the program start date for which they are applying. Applicants must submit all documentation through ERAS. ERAS documents include:
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
- Medical School Performance Evaluation
- ECFMG status report, if applicable
- Three recommendation letters, including one program director letter of recommendation.
Once your ERAS file is complete, your application will be reviewed. If qualified, you will be offered an invitation to interview for a fellowship position. The interview is extremely important. It allows us to meet you. It provides you with an opportunity to meet our faculty, staff, and current fellows.
Please note: We cannot consider applications from H-1B visa holders.