Family Medicine Residency: How to Apply
Creighton University’s Family Medicine Residency Program participates in ERAS—the Electronic Residency Application Service—from the Association of American Medical Colleges. Please check the ERAS home page for further details. International medical graduates will need to contact Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for application and eligibility.
The Creighton Family Medicine Residency Program does not offer observerships or externships.
Applications will be accepted only through ERAS.
For your application to be considered, the following requirements must be met:
1. Application deadline is December 1.
2. Graduation from an accredited medical school within the last three years; or either enrolled in an accredited or a verifiable residency program or completion of such residency within last two years is preferred.
3. Documentation available in ERAS must include:
- Common application form
- Medical school transcript
- Dean’s letter
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
4. No more than one (1) failure on any step of the USMLE or COMLEX exams.
5. Experience of one month or more in a clinical observership or externship in the U.S. is preferred.
6. ECFMG Certification is required for international medical graduates.
The Creighton University Family Medicine Residency Program will only accept J-1 visas; we do not sponsor H1B visas.
The Interview Process
The program director and the application review committee review all applications that meet the above criteria and determine which applicants to invite for an interview. Our interviews take place in October, November, December and January on predetermined interview dates by invitation only.
We participate in the NRMP (National Residency Match Program).
There are no prematch positions available.