This is a 75-credit program. Beyond the required courses to fulfill the associate degree at MCC, students will need to complete the remaining degree requirements listed below. In addition to their associate degree, students may also complete an additional three courses at MCC toward their Creighton bachelor’s degree requirements.
Component/Course – Credit Hours Remaining
- CPS200: Making the Transition (online) – 3
- Magis Common Core (on campus or online) – 27
- Elementary Education Major (on campus) – 39
- ART 104: Elementary School Art – 3
- EDU 131: Literature for Children – 3
- EDU 170: Diversity and Justice in Education – 3
- EDU 500: Remedial Reading – 3
- EDU 565: Methods of Teaching Language Arts in Elementary School – 3
- EDU 566: Methods of Teaching of Elementary Reading – 3
- EDU 567: Methods of Teaching Social Studies in Elementary School – 3
- EDU 568: Methods of Teaching Mathematics in the Elementary School – 3
- EDU 569: Methods of Teaching Science in the Elementary School – 3
- EDU 591: Clinical Practice (Student Teaching) (Taken concurrently with EDU 593) – 11
- EDU 593: Clinical Practice (Student Teaching) Seminar – 1
- State Certification Requirements (needed beyond the Core and Major) – 6
- Mathematics – 3
- Natural Science – 3
Total Hours Remaining to Degree – 75
Students who did not complete ECED2061 as part of their AAS program will be required to complete the course at MCC or complete EDU 583: Management Practices for Classroom Teachers at Creighton University.
All Creighton teacher education programs are fully accredited by state, regional and national accrediting agencies, including the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education.