If you’re interested in environmental issues and enjoy the natural and physical sciences, a Bachelor of Science in environmental science (BSEVS) might be for you. You’ll explore physical and social sciences through scientific inquiry. Creighton University’s BSEVS program provides multidisciplinary science training to prepare you for employment in an environmental science career or for graduate and professional school.
You can also select a track within the degree to customize your experience. Choose to learn more about the policy aspects of our relationship with the environment, delve deep into the study of ecology or cultivate a global perspective on today’s environmental issues.
What You’ll Learn
- An understanding of ecological and climatological issues
- An appreciation for the biological aspects of the environment
- Historical, political and sociological aspects of environmental issues
- The BSEVS Global and Environmental Systems Track program curriculum is 45 credits.
- The BSEVS Environmental Science Organismal/Population Ecology Track is 45 credits.
- The BSEVS Environmental Policy and Society Track is 45 credits.
Minor in Environmental Sciences
A minor in environmental science is especially designed for students interested in careers within environmental education, environmental law or environmental monitoring and regulation.
Creighton admissions are based upon:
- High school GPA
- ACT or SAT scores*
- Extracurricular activities
- Personal statement to demonstrate creative abilities not reflected in your transcripts
- Recommendation from high school counselor
- Honors sections and advanced placement courses will enhance a candidate’s application
*For students who are choosing to apply test-optional, ACT/SAT exam scores are not required at the time of application for admission.
Dates & Deadlines
Applications for the fall semester open on Aug. 1 of the prior year. For scholarship consideration, the earlier you complete your undergraduate application, the better. For up-to-date deadlines, visit our admissions page.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates are updated each year. Visit our financial aid site to learn more about the cost of attendance.
Creighton University’s Financial Aid Office administers over $200,000,000 in student aid each year from federal, state, institutional and private sources.