Admitted high school seniors who meet the following criteria will be invited to apply:
- A minimum of 3.7 high school GPA on a 4.0 scale and a minimum test score of 30 (ACT) or 1360 (SAT, Math + Critical Reading) OR
- A minimum 3.9 high school GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Eligibility requirements are assessed on a yearly basis by the program; requirements may change from previous years.
Qualified candidates will be invited to apply via a supplemental application in the Admissions student portal. Students must have a completed Creighton Admissions Application by December 1st in order to be eligible to apply to the Honors Program. Honors Program applications are due by Tuesday, January 10th, 2022 at 11: 59 pm (in your local timezone).
The Honors Program application consists of the following items:
- Activities Resume
- Two required essays, 500 words each on the following prompts. These essays are your best chance to let us know who you are. Therefore, choose your ideas judiciously, organize them effectively, and make sure we hear your unique voice in your responses. Do not compose an essay that any bright and motivated student could have written, but essays that reveals something important about yourself.
- "Describe a moment that forced you to change your opinion about an issue or a person."
- The Creighton Honors Program challenges students to work together in playing an active role in their education, in part through taking the lead in discussion-based classes. Students explore exciting topics by employing the methods of multiple disciplines, affording them multiple perspectives and approaches to the course topics. Suppose that you have been tasked with creating a new course for the Honors Program. What would that course be, and what would be especially distinctive about it? How would the course fit the guiding philosophy of Creightons Honors Program?
- Letter of Recommendation. A letter of recommendation from a teacher or high school counselor is required.
- Interviews can be conducted in person at Special Programs Day, on Sunday, February 6th, 2022 or virtually via Zoom in late January.
Application for Current Freshmen
Current freshmen with strong academic credentials, the desire to undertake academic challenges, and a love for learning in community with others should consider applying to the Honors Program. To apply for admission as a sophomore, please provide the following materials to the Honors Director before February 20 (spring term, freshman year):
- Demonstrated interest in the program
- Current resume and GPA. Please include a transcript (an unofficial one will do).
- Two 500-word essays:
- Describe a moment that forced you to change your opinion about an issue or person.
- Please familiarize yourself with the Mission, curriculum and other aspects of the Honors Program. Discuss the contributions you can make to the Honors Program. In your opinion, what is the purpose of the Honors Program?
These two essays are your best chance to let us know who you are. Therefore, choose your ideas judiciously, organize them effectively, and make sure we hear your unique voice in your responses. Do not compose an essay that any bright and motivated student could have written, but an essay that reveals something important about yourself.
- One recommendation letter
Please do not try to access the online application form. The Admissions Office reserves that application for current high school students. Students who pass the written application stage will be invited for an interview. Interested students should note that admission is highly competitive. Eligibility to apply, which is based on achieving the stated grade point average and test scores, assures only consideration and not acceptance to the Honors Program.