Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship: How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for the program, you must:
- Be an MD or DO
- Have successfully completed (3) years of U.S. postgraduate training by the time of entry into the fellowship program
- Be eligible for a Temporary Education Permit (TEP), or Nebraska Permanent Medical License
- Hold U.S. citizenship, permanent residency, or J-1 Visa (Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Program)
- Note: As of 2012, Creighton University does not sponsor H-1B visas for graduate medical education programs.
- Complete an application via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and must include:
- USMLE (Step 1, 2, 3), or COMLEX (Level 1, 2, 3) scores
- Three reference letters, including one from your residency program director if less than three years out of residency ( submitted via ERAS)
- Personal statement and other supporting documents
Interviews are conducted during the months of August through early November, from approximately 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Selected candidates will be contacted via email for interviews.
The night before the interview, selected candidates are invited to attend a dinner with two of our current fellows. The program coordinator will send out a formal itinerary and dinner details a week prior to the interview date.
If you have any questions about our program or the application process, please feel free to contact us: