Fr. John P. Markoe, SJ, Leadership Program Celebrates Graduates
Students from left to right, top to bottom: Kalina Damfebo, Stephany Hernandez, Emily Kort, Grace Landis, Kiara McCann, Kaleb Mills, Shambhabi Paudyal, Elias Rios, Haley Sisco, Pricila Soto Prado
Congratulations to the 2020 graduates of the Fr. John P. Markoe, SJ, Leadership Program! Ten students graduated from the four-year leadership program. The program is designed for students to benefit from academic and leadership coaching, community building activities and educational sessions aimed at their overall success in college Students are selected based on academic achievement, leadership skills and a demonstrated commitment to diversity through extracurricular activities and service.
Each year, seniors are asked to share a reflection of their time at Creighton and in the program. Read experts from reflections below.
“I was placed into a community of students that exhibited Creighton’s Charisms such as men and women for and with others and cura personalis. This program has introduced me to some wonderful people, service opportunities, and cultural learning experiences. I am very thankful for my Markoe family, and for the support I have received over these past four years. I have had some wonderful mentors and friends who have been there for academic and personal support.
My experiences at Creighton have exceeded my expectations of what I thought college was going to look like. It was much more than just going to classes. It was about looking out for other’s needs and servicing our community. These values were highly encouraged, and we were taught to demonstrate our Jesuit values within our future acts of service. “
- Emily Kort
“I am thankful that I had the opportunity to attend such an amazing school. I had the opportunity to excel academically and transform into who I am today. I grew greatly academically and professionally. I had so many wonderful experiences during my time here. As important as all of this has been to me, it is the relationships and friendships I made through the Markoe Program that I hold near and dear to my heart. “
- Priscila Soto Prado
This year’s graduates are:
- Kalina Damfebo; College of Arts and Sciences; Majors: Economics, History; Minor: Political Science
- Stephany Hernandez; College of Arts and Sciences; Majors: International Relations, Political Science (December 2019 graduate)
- Emily Kort; College of Arts and Sciences; Major: Elementary Education (December 2019 graduate)
- Grace Landis; College of Arts and Sciences; Major: Elementary Education
- Kiara McCann; College of Arts and Sciences; Major: Psychological Sciences; Minor: Sociology
- Kaleb Mills; College of Nursing; Major: Nursing
- Shambhabi Paudyal; College of Arts and Sciences; Major: International Relations; Minor: Spanish and Hispanic Studies
- Elias Rios; Heider College of Business; Undergraduate Majors: Accounting, BIA: Information Technology; Graduate Degree: Master of Accounting
- Haley Sisco; College of Arts and Sciences; Major: Psychological Sciences
- Priscila Soto Prado; College of Arts and Sciences; Major: Health Administration and Policy; Minors: Political Science, Public Health