Paramedicine (Associate Degree)
The Associate of Science in Paramedicine degree at Creighton University will prepare you for a variety of careers in emergency care. You’ll go through our renowned, accredited emergency medical services education program and learn from experienced EMS educators, pre-hospital providers, registered nurses and critical care physicians.
When you pursue your paramedicine degree at Creighton, you’ll also benefit from our state-of-the-art labs and patient simulation equipment. Take courses during the day, in the evening or both to fit your busy schedule. With your Associate of Science in Paramedicine, you can be there for others in their times of greatest need.
The Associate of Science in Paramedicine degree at Creighton will prepare you for a successful career in emergency care. Our program was one of the first professional EMS education programs in the nation. Students will become qualified, educated and experienced leaders who can help shape the future of paramedicine. Here, you’ll learn:
- EMS tools and techniques
- The most current advancements in EMS
- Critical thinking skills
- Decision-making skills
Major requirements include:
- Patient Assessment
- Airway, Ventilation and Respiratory Emergencies
- Medical Emergencies
- Field Experience
Creighton’s paramedicine education program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions.
Creighton admissions are based upon:
- High school GPA
- ACT or SAT scores*
- Extracurricular activities
- Personal statement to demonstrate creative abilities not reflected in your transcripts
- Recommendation from high school counselor
- Honors sections and advanced placement courses will enhance a candidate’s application
*For students who are choosing to apply test-optional, ACT/SAT exam scores are not required at the time of application for admission.
Dates & Deadlines
Applications for the fall semester open on Aug. 1 of the prior year. For scholarship consideration, the earlier you complete your undergraduate application, the better. For up-to-date deadlines, visit our admissions page.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates are updated each year. Visit our financial aid site to learn more about the cost of attendance.
Creighton University’s Financial Aid Office administers over $200,000,000 in student aid each year from federal, state, institutional and private sources.
Emergency Medical Services Club
- Be part of a group of students with interests in emergency medical professions. The club uses knowledge, ethics, resources and leadership skills to give the general public, especially our peers, a better understanding of basic lifesaving techniques and procedures in case the worst should ever befall them or those close to them.