Program Director, Healthcare Management and Public Health
Cindy L . Costanzo, MS, PhD
Program Director, Healthcare Management and Public Health
She has been at Creighton University since 2005 in an academic role but has held numerous education and administrative roles within acute care health systems. In her tenure at Creighton University she has served as past Interim Dean, Senior Associate Dean and Program Chair for the Master of Science in Nursing for the College of Nursing. Creighton University health sciences program has a Center for Interprofessional Practice, Education and Research and she works closely with this team in an administrative council role. She has a strong research interest in shared decision-making, working with vulnerable populations for healthy lifestyle change and interprofessional leadership.
- Leadership, administration.
Research FocusShared decision-making, working with vulnerable populations for healthy lifestyle change and interprofessional leadership.
- Costanzo, C., Doll, J. & Jensen, G. (2017). Shared Decision Making, Chapter 12. Clinical Reasoning in the Health Professions. 4th edition. Submitted.
4th edition, Elsevier 2017
- Journal of Doctoral Nursing Practice
Woods, S. & Costanzo, C. (2016). Community Lay Worker Guided Home-based Monitoring Program for Hypertension Control.
9(2), p. 1-8 2016
- Dimensions of Critical Care
Petersen, E. & Costanzo, C. (2017). Assessment of Clinical Alarms Influencing Nurse's Perception of Alarm Fatigue.Dimensions of Critical Care.
36(1), p. 36-44 2016
- Conversations on Jesuit Higher Education
Costanzo, C. (2016). Nursing Students Immersion has a Life-Altering Effect: Four Charisms Frame a Nursing Education.
49, Article 17, p. 1-2 2016
- Journal of Vaccines
Palmer, J., Carrico, C. & Costanzo, C. (2015). Identifying and Overcoming Perceived Barriers of Providers Towards HPV Vaccination: A Literature Review.
Volume 2015, Article ID 869468, p. 1-7 2015
- Medical Surgical Nursing
Kvamme, A. and Costanzo C. (2015). Preventing Progression of Post-Thrombotic Syndrome for Patients Post-Deep Vein Thrombosis.
24(1), p. 27-35 2015
- Nursing Administration Quarterly
Meyers, M. and Costanzo C. (2015). Shared Governance in a Clinic System.
39 (1), p. 51-57 2015
- Nurse Leader
Kempnich, J. and Costanzo C. (2014). World Café Leadership Development.
12 (6), p. 98-101 2014
- Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal
Tosone, N. and Costanzo, C. (2012). Development of a guideline for treatment of deep and superficial venous thrombosis in the emergency department.
34(2), p. 1-14 2012
- Nursing Economics
Johnson, P. & Costanzo, C. (2017). Predictive Staffing Simulation Model Methodology.
- Costanzo C. (2016). Caring in a Complex World, Alumni Day, Creighton University College of Nursing. Facilitated Panel. 2016
- Strategic Communication in Times of Change: Leadership Skills to Engage Diverse Teams 2015
- Costanzo, C.; Oertwich, A., Selde, S. (2015). An Evaluation of EQI in Undergraduate Nursing Student Leaders. Sigma Theta Tau International Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, November 7-11, 2015. 2015
- Caring in a Complex World. Alumni Day, Creighton University School of Nursing. Participant on panel 2014
- Oertwich, A., Selde, S., Costanzo, C. & Lazure, L. (2014). An Evaluation of Emotional Intelligence in Undergraduate Nursing Student Leaders Over 2 Years. Midwest Nursing Research Conference, March, 2014, St. Louis, Missouri. 2014
- Costanzo, C., Tracy, M., Laughlin, A., & Bredenkamp, N. (2013). Update on CU CON 2013. Board of Trustees, President and President of Faculty Council, Creighton University. November 4, 2013. 2013
- Schoening, A. & Costanzo, C. (2013). Discerning the Journey: Assessing Ignation Values, Creighton University Assessment Committee, Omaha, Nebraska. October 22, 2013. 2013
- Caring in a Complex World: Leading Healthcare Technology. Facilitated panel. Alumni Day, Creighton University School of Nursing. 2013
- Schmidt, A. & Costanzo, C. (2013). Preventing progression of post-thrombotic syndrome: Quality improvement evidence-based project for post-deep vein thrombosis patients. 2013 Midwest Nursing Research Society Conference, March 9, 2013, Chicago, Illinois. 2013
- Lazure, L., Oertwich, A., Costanzo, C. & Selde, S. (2013). Development of Emotional Intelligence as a Measure of Nursing Leadership Growth. 2013 Midwest Nursing Research Society Conference, March 8, 2013, Chicago, Illinois. 2013
- Woods, S. & Costanzo, C. (2013). Community Lay Worker Guided Home Blood Pressure Program for Adult Hypertension Control. 2013 Midwest Nursing Research Conference, March 8, 2013, Chicago, Illinois. 2013
- Costanzo, C. (2013). Top 10 Strategies of Positive Deviance. Creighton University School of Medicine Leadership Development Program, Omaha, Nebraska. January 29, 2013 2013
- Galt, K., Costanzo, C., Abbott, A., Clark, B., Fuji, K., Kalkowski, M., Polich, A., Siracuse, M. (2013). Patient Safety: Leadership Development for College of Medicine. 2013
- Costanzo, C. (2012). Redesigning Care Processes, Coordination, and Quality at the Microsystem Level, Alumni Day, Creighton University School of Nursing 2012
- Costanzo, C. (2012). Teaching Circle: What Factors Motivate Students to Learn. Facilitated group discussion. 2012
- Schlup Woods, S. & Costanzo, C. (2012). Community Lay Worker Guided Home Blood Pressure Program for Adult Hypertension Control. DNP Practice Conference, 5th Annual in St. Louis, Missouri. 2012
- Costanzo, C. (2011). Influence of Sigma Theta Tau on Evidence Based Practice. Keynote Address, Sigma Theta Tau Iota Tau Induction of New Members, September 23, 2011. 2011
- Galt K. A., Costanzo, C., Fuji, K. T., Abbott, A. A., Huggett, K., Hansen, T., & Hercinger, M. (2011). Interprofessional Patient Safety Day for Health Professions Students" at the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Research Meeting, San Antonio, TX, July 2011. Chairperson and coordinator of the interdisciplinary team for the Interprofessional Patient Safety Day. 2011
- Huggett, K., Hansen, T., Polich, A., Maio, A., Galt, K., Costanzo, C., Fuji, K., Abbott, A., Hercinger, M. (2011). Today You Made a Difference: An Innovative Interprofessional Patient Safety Day. Central Group on Educational Affairs (CGEA) Annual Meeting of the Association of American Medical Colleges, Omaha, NE, March 18, 2011 2011
- Evolution of the Nursing Role: CNL and DNP 2010
Health Futures Foundations Faculty Development Grant
Behavioral Counseling Intervention to Increase Physical Activity in Sedentary African American and Hispanic AmericanWomen. Costanzo, C. (PI). Funded $19,970.00
Development of Emotional Intelligence as a Measure of Nursing Leadership Growth. Dean SON HFF Fund. CU Oertwich, A. (PI); Lazure, L. (CoI); Costanzo, C. (CoI); Selde, S. (CoI). Requested funding 5,000.