David Allen Dobberpuhl, PhD
Graduated summa cum laude from Minnesota State, Moorhead with B.S. degrees in (1) chemistry and (2) physical science education. Ph.D. from Iowa State University with dual high honors in teaching and research. Currently serving as associate professor and department chair, teaching courses in general and analytical chemistry while pursuing research in analytical food science.
- Analytical Chemistry
Chemistry and Biochemistry
- ACS Symposium Book Series
E.M. Gross, S.H. Williams, E. Williams, D.A. Dobberpuhl, and J. Fujita, 'Synthesis and Characterization of Biodiesel from Used Cooking Oil: A Problem-based Green Chemistry Laboratory Experiment' ACS Books Symposium series: Green Chemistry Experiments in Undergraduate Laboratories. 2016, 1233, 71-92. DOI:10.1021/bk-2016-1233.ch005., ACS Symposium Book Series, 1233, 71-92, 2016 2016
- AAPS PharmSciTech
Y. Mo, D. Dobberpuhl, and A.K. Dash, 'A Simple HPLC Method with Pulsed EC Detection for the Analysis of Creatine,' Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 32 (2003) 125-132.
32, p. 125-132 2003
- Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis
Mo, Y.; Dobberpuhl, D.; Dash, AK. A simple HPLC method with pulsed EC detection for the analysis of creatine.
32, p. 125-132 2003
- Kim-Fu, M. Parikh, R., Nwakama, C., Cogua, L., & Dobberpuhl, D. Determinations of Sulfites and Esters in Wine, The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, New Orleans, LA. Winner of the James Manner Award for Best Undergraduate Poster. 2021
- Parikh, R., Kim-Fu, M., Nawakama, C., Cogua, L., & Dobberpuhl, D. Why Wine Goes Bad Within a Few Days of Opening, The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, Chicago, IL. 2020
- Katherine Jones, Andrew Caffrey, Damian Daszynski, Ashley Guanzon and David Dobberpuhl, "Monitoring Relative Concentrations of Volatile Organic Compounds in Wines After Opening," Midwest Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, St. Joseph, Mo 2015
- Grayson Jackson and David A. Dobberpuhl, "Detection of Food Oil Adulteration using FTIR-ATR and Chemometric Strategies," 122 Annual Meeting of the Nebraska Academy of Sciences, Lincoln, Ne 2012
“From Food Analysis and Forensics to Protein Characterization: Capillary Electrophoresis in the Undergraduate Chemistry and Biochemistry,” Beckman Coulter Biopharma to Education Program; PA800 Capillary Electrophoresis System
- Nominee for Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Teaching Award
Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Teaching Award
- Recipient of Creighton's CSSR "IGGY" Award
Creighton CSSR "IGGY" Award
- Member of AdvancED Programmatic Accreditation Team
AdvancED Programmatic Accreditation Team, Mercy HS, Omaha, NE
2010 - 2010