TheoloJay on Tap
TheoloJay on Tap (TJoT) is a meeting place where topics of faith and spirituality are presented and discussed in a casual atmosphere with friends.
TJoT provides a space for young adults in Creighton's graduate and professional schools, as well as alumni from the last 5 years, to build community by reflecting on topics of faith in the world today and engaging in challenging and enriching conversations.
Think about it this way: learning and talking about faith with friends and a beverage!
You must be 21 years of age to attend.
- 04/06/22 — "The Dignity of Persons and Racism" with Dr. Eileen Burke-Sullivan (VP for Mission and Ministry) and Dr. Sarah Walker (VP for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion)
- 02/23/22 — "Lent: Is giving up what really counts?" with Sara Schulte-Bukowinski, St. John's
- 01/26/22 — "Sport & Spirituality" with Dr. Jay Carney and Dr. Max Engel (Creighton Theology Department)
- 11/11/21 — "Room at the Table" with Beth Samson, Creighton Campus Minister
- 09/21/21 — "Reverencing Relationships" with Fr. Larry Gillick, SJ and Fr. Greg Carlson, SJ
- 04/22/20 — "Living Ecologically as a Spiritual Practice" with Dr. John O'Keefe, Creighton Professor of Historical and Environmental Theology (Virtual)
- 04/08/20 — "Room at the Table: Joys and Challenges of a Catholic Woman" with Beth Samson, Creighton Campus Minister (Virtual)
- 03/27/20 — "Living (like a Christian?) in the time of COVID-19" with Fr. Paddy Gilger, SJ (Virtual) Click Here to Watch this Talk!
- 02/12/20 — "Faith Amidst Busyness" with Paul McGreal, Professor in the School of Law
- 11/13/19 — "Gratitude in Ignatian Spirituality" with Kyle Lierk, director of Campus Ministry
- 10/02/19 — "Mindfulness: Spirituality and Self Care" with Phileena Heuertz, co-founder of Gravity
- 04/01/19 — "Forgiveness and Reconciliation" with Dr. Tom Kelly
- 02/07/19 — "What is Love?" with Dr. Eileen Burke-Sullivan, Fr. Michael Flecky, SJ, Kathy Martin, and Ben Feiten
- 11/28/18 — "Mindfulness" with Dr. Barb Harris
- 10/29/18 — "Friendship" with Fr. Larry Gillick, SJ, and Fr. Greg Carlson, SJ
- 04/09/18 — "Living Out Faith in Your Everyday Profession" with Dr. Faith Kurtyka, LaRue Diehl, Beth Katz, and Dr. Amy McGaha
- 02/12/18 — "The Lenten Journey" with Fr. Larry Gillick, SJ
- 11/28/17 — "Gifts and Gratitude" with Dr. Eileen Burke-Sullivan
- 10/03/17 — "Climate Change and Catholic Social Teaching" with Dr. Dan DiLeo
- 03/16/17 — "The Lenten Journey: Engaging in the Lenten Sunday Readings" with Ryan Birjoo
- 01/26/17 — "God in All Things" with Dr. Wendy Wright and Dr. John O'Keefe
- 12/01/16 — "The Misinterpreted Symbols of Christmas and Advent" with Fr. Larry Gillick, SJ
- 11/10/16 — "Mindfulness and Self-Care" with Dr. Barb Harris
- 04/07/16 — "Living Easter: Jesus is Risen, Now What?" with Fr. Andy Alexander, SJ
- 01/28/16 — "Rest Stop Ahead: Faith in the Midst of Busyness" with Susan Naatz, Associate Vice Provost of the Division of Mission and Ministry, and Fr. Larry Gillick, SJ
- 09/23/15 — "Transition: An Invitation to Transformation" with Fr. Daniel Hendrickson, SJ
- 04/09/15 — "Daily Acts of Choosing Your Faith" with Dr. Faith Kurtyka, Associate Professor of English, and LaRue Diehl
- 02/12/15 — "Theology of Vocation: Be Not Afraid" with Kate Samson, Director of Catholic Magis Teacher Corp, and Fr. Paddy Gilger, SJ
- 11/20/14 — "Theology of Friendship" with Fr. Larry Gilick, SJ, and Fr. Greg Carlson, SJ