Creighton Student Sustainability Action Fund (CSSAF)
The mission of the Creighton Student Sustainability Action Fund (CSSAF) is to contribute to building a culture of sustainability at Creighton University by enabling, supporting, and financing student-driven initiatives that collaboratively tackle interconnected environmental, social and economic issues.
Below you can also explore a recent student project developing a Nebraska Native Pollinator Garden on campus.
Have an idea but need help with your proposal? Reach out to Sustainability@creighton.edu today! We can talk through your proposal idea with you and provide feedback prior to you submitting the proposals.
Curious about what types of proposals achieve the goals and intentions of the CSSAF?
Here are a few ideas to help you get started! Keep in mind that events can be resource-intensive and generate large amounts of waste. We encourage you to be mindful of an event's environmental impacts and have a plan to reduce those impacts by incorporating sustainable practices into your proposal.
- A book discussion group or movie screening event
- A resource-conservation or waste-reduction competition
- A holiday or seasonally themed event that has a global or sustainability focus
- A program to educate students about sustainable practices
- A make and take or upcycling activity
Previously Funded Proposals
- GreenJays Energy Reduction Challenge (Spring 2022)
- Nu Rho Psi Move Out Project (Spring 2022)
- School of Medicine/Phoenix M1's and M2's Sustainability Week Challenge (Spring 2023)
- Women's Journey Menstrual Cup Program (Spring 2023)
- Campus Pollinator Garden (Spring 2023)
How to Apply
Students wishing to apply for CSSAF grants should complete the online CSSAF Application Form. Please reach out to Sustainability@creighton.edu if you have any questions about the application process. We are happy to meet with you in-person, via Zoom, or by phone to discuss your proposal.
To be considered for review and funding, applicants must complete the online CSSAF Application Form no later than one week prior to CSSAF meeting. This allows the CSSAF Governance Committee members time to thoroughly review proposals prior to voting. Applications received less than one week prior will be reviewed and considered at the following month's meeting.
Fall 2023 Meetings and Submission Deadlines
- Thursday, September 21, 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. (proposals must be submitted by September 14 to be considered)
- Thursday, October 19, 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. (proposals must be submitted by October 12 to be considered)
- Thursday, November 16, 9:30 - 10: 30 a.m. (proposals must be submitted by November 9 to be considered)
Have a proposal idea but need assistance? Reach out to Sustainability@creighton.edu.
Sample Sustainability Project
Nebraska Native Pollinator Garden
Sustainability efforts, such as the pollinator garden, are always looking for student involvement. To get involved with a sustainability project of your own, please email Sustainability@creighton.edu.
- CSSAF Online Application Form
- Budget Template
- Project Advisor Letter of Support
- Example Application
- Necessary Approvals and Campus Contacts