EXPERIENCE FULL IMMERSION IN OT AND PT.
Through the Creighton Rehabilitation International Summer Program (CRISP), international rehabilitation students and faculty can learn about occupational therapy (OT) and physical therapy (PT) in the United States. You will learn from world-renowned OT and PT faculty focused on rehabilitation across the lifespan. You will deepen your knowledge and application of OT and PT in the U.S. to further your career and leadership in global rehabilitation.
Educational and Cultural Immersion
CRISP is a summer immersion program at Creighton. CRISP will immerse you in rehabilitation didactic coursework and clinical practice with multiple observations in hospital and community-based OT and PT clinics. Throughout the program, you will also experience cultural immersion local outings with Creighton students and faculty, and a sightseeing trip to Chicago.
Nationally Ranked and Recognized
Creighton University is ranked No. 1 among regional universities in the Midwest. Creighton’s occupational therapy and physical therapy programs are among the leading rehabilitation schools in the USA. Creighton has pioneered health care education by becoming the first university to offer entry-level doctorate degrees in OT and PT. CRISP is led by the esteemed OT and PT faculty, who are world-renowned leaders in the professions.
What You’ll Learn
- OT and PT clinical practice skills
- OT and PT role in musculoskeletal and neurological disorders across the lifespan
- Cardiopulmonary and orthopedic rehabilitation
- Global healthcare perspectives and special interest topics
- American culture
- English communication with Creighton faculty, staff and students
- $6000 to cover cost of housing, meal plan for 10 weeks, and program related transportation
Application: Please contact Angela Patterson, OTD, OTR/L at angelapatterson [at] creighton [dot] edu.
- Trip to Chicago to site see and experience the third largest city in USA and largest city in the Midwest
- Social immersion in Omaha to the best Zoo in the USA, museums and local attractions and activities
- Family life and celebrations in the USA
Creighton University is in Omaha, Nebraska, the largest city in the state. Omaha borders the Missouri River and is in the heart of the Midwestern United States. U.S. News & World Report ranks Omaha in the Top 25 best places to live based on quality of life and the job market. Safety, affordability and a strong economy make Omaha an ideal place to study the health sciences and practice health care.
Angela L. Patterson, OTD, OTR/L
Assistant Professor |
Director, Master of Science in Rehabilitation/Master of Science in Occupational Therapy |
School of Pharmacy and Health Professions