1. Apply Online
Leadership for Service & Justice Trips is a significant time commitment. Your attendance is expected at a number of events and meetings. While a conflict with training/formation does not automatically disqualify you from a position, since we have a finite number of coordinator spots, we’re going to prioritize selecting people who are able to complete all the required training.
If you are currently studying abroad but would like to coordinate a Spring 2023, please go through the application process now. If you will be studying abroad Spring 2023, but want to coordinate in Fall 2023 please also apply now. You will have to attend some formation now, and will continue the remainder of your formation and training once you return to campus.
Please fill out the online portion of the application and submit it by November 4, 2022. Please plan for 20-30 minutes as there are essays, and you are not able to save your application and return at a later time. If you begin the application, it may be submitted to us even if it is not complete, please plan to complete it in one sitting to avoid duplicate applications.
After completing your application, your application will be reviewed by student leaders (core team) and the program director. You may be offered an interview if you are selected to continue with the process. Interviews should take between 20 and 30 minutes. Interviews may be offered November 7-9.
2. Complete the interview
- The interview is an opportunity for Core Team to get to know you better. Because our main focus during the interview is your answers, we do not need you to dress up.
- Anyone selected for coordinator formation will receive an email offer by the evening of November 9. Coordinator offers are contingent and require successful completion of Day of Formation, online asynchronous modules and 3 Coordinator Meetings.
- Coordinator Formation Fall Semester: Sunday November 13th 1-4 pm Day of Formation
- Winter Break Content – The mixture of articles and videos can be engaged asynchronously anytime between the end of the semester and school year and Jan 11, 2023.
- After Jan 11th, coordinators that have successfully completed the leadership formation/training will be placed on trips for Spring 2023.
4. Payment (Fall Semester):
- The SCSJ will be accepting the full payment for trips November 14 and 15. We accept cash, check or credit card. Coordinator price for full week trips is $175 and for 5 day Omaha trips is $100.
- The value and average cost for Service & Justice Trips is more than $500 per person. We reduce the price for all through the generosity of donors who support SCSJ fundraising efforts.
- We discount our trips for our student leaders and for students who have demonstrated financial need.
- We encourage anyone interested to apply for need-based student scholarships. The priority deadline for scholarships is November 11, 2022. After that, scholarship applications will be processed on a rolling basis while funds allow. You can apply for a scholarship here (check back soon for link).
- Your Service & Justice Trips payment will be refundable for one week from the date of payment. Should you withdraw from the Service & Justice Trips program after that point, no portion of the payment is refundable because costs have been incurred on your behalf to prepare for the trips.
Spring 2023 Service & Justice Trips Dates
|Coordinator Applications Due||Nov. 4||Online|
|Coordinator Interviews||Nov. 7-9|
|Coordinator Day of Formation||Nov. 13||1-4 pm|
|Scholarship Applications Due||Nov. 11||Online|
|Coordinator & Participant Payments Due||Nov. 14 and 15||11 am – 6 pm||SCSJ|
|Coordinator Meeting 1||Jan. 19||9-10:30 pm||Harper 2058-2058|
|Coordinator Meeting 2||Jan. 26||9-10:30 pm||Harper 2057-2058|
|Coordinator Meeting 3||Feb. 16||9-10:30 pm||Skutt|
|General Meeting 1 (includes set up & clean up)||Feb. 2||8:45-11:00 pm||Harper Ballrom|
|General Meeting 2||Feb. 9||8:45-11:00 pm||Skutt Ballroom|
|General Meeting 3||Feb. 23||8:45-11:00 pm||Skutt Ballroom|
|Send-Off Service||March 2||9-10:00 pm||Harper Ballroom|
|Spring Break||March 3 or 4- March 11|
|Reunion||March 16||9-10 pm||Skutt Ballroom|
|Fall 2023 Coordinator Information Meeting||March 16||830-9 pm||Skutt Ballroom|
Fall 2022 Service & Justice Trips Dates
|Coordinator Applications Due||April 1||Online|
|Coordinator Interviews||April 1, 4, & 5|
|Coordinator Day of Formation||April 10||1-4 pm|
|Scholarship Applications Due||April 1||Online|
|Coordinator & Participant Payments Due||August 22-23||11 am – 6 pm||SCSJ|
|Coordinator Meeting 1||Aug. 18||9-10:30 pm||Skutt 104|
|Coordinator Meeting 2||Sept. 1st||9-10:30 pm||Skutt 104|
|Coordinator Meeting 3||Sept. 22||9-10:30 pm||Skutt 104|
|General Meeting 1 (includes set up & clean up)||Sept. 8||8:45-11:00 pm||Skutt Ballroom|
|General Meeting 2||Sept. 15||8:45-11:00 pm||Skutt Ballroom|
|General Meeting 3||Sept. 29||8:45-11:00 pm||Skutt Ballroom|
|Send-Off Service||Oct. 6||9-10:00 pm||Harper 2057-2058|
|Fall Break||Oct 7-15|
|Reunion||Oct. 20||9-10 pm||Skutt Ballroom|
|Spring 2023 Coordinator Information Meeting||Oct. 20||830-9 pm||Skutt Ballroom|