Goals & Objectives
Department of Chemistry Goals & Objectives
- Students will appreciate chemistry and biochemistry for their intrinsic aesthetic value.
- Students will understand the ways chemists and biochemists describe and model the behavior and properties of matter.
- Students will have knowledge of the fundamental principles and contemporary practices of chemistry and biochemistry, and will be able to use them to investigate, explain, and predict new phenomena.
- Students will be aware of the application of scientific principles, particularly those of chemistry and biochemistry, to societal issues.
- The Department faculty will be a community of teacher/scholars.
- The Department will be a scholarly community in which faculty, staff, and students actively participate, in both formal and informal venues. The Department will be an active participant in the scientific community beyond the department.
- Students will behave in an ethical manner.
- Students will develop a commitment to a life of learning.
Hixson-Lied Science Building, Room 268
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
2500 California Plaza
Omaha NE 68178