CPHHE provides on-going technical assistance to Redeemed Christian Church of Gods Abundant Life Wellness health ministry project. The church has identified health baseline; analyzed data; and initiated a walking program.
In response to the call for action to reduce racial and ethnic health disparities associated with cardiovascular disease, outreach efforts resulted in The Redeemed Church of God, Christ Embassy signing a letter of intent to address cardiovascular disease and obesity reduction by establishing and implementing the following written congregational policies where needed:
- To make healthy food/beverage options available
- Parishioners will be part of education classes on nutrition guidelines
- Establish congregational policies that support physical activity for church staff.
- Policies that establish a wellness committee
- Promotes physical activity and healthy food options
In 2013 Life Abundant Wellness was created as the call from The Redeemed Church of God, Christ Embassy. Life Abundant Wellness was derived from John10:10 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."
Abundant Life Wellness Committee: Decan Tata