Faculty and Staff Development Opportunities
The Institute offers opportunities for faculty and staff from across the disciplines to connect under a shared mission of transforming and integrating the paradigms and pedagogies of liberal arts and the professions. Faculty and staff can make these connections through:
- participating in reading groups,
- participating in lectures, seminars and events,
- applying for upcoming teaching and research fellowships,
- attending professional development opportunities, and more.
Why We Can't Wait, by Dr. Martin Luther King
Thursdays, Nov. 2, Nov. 16, and Nov. 30
Via Zoom or in-person at Omaha campus (Skutt Student Center room 104)
Creighton faculty, staff, students, and alumni welcome. A limited number of free books are available.
Research and Scholarship Support
Fall 2023-Spring 2024 Mini-Seminar
- Collaborative, Cross-Disciplinary Scholarly and Creative Project between SPAHP Department of Occupational Therapy and Heider College of Business Accounting Department: Angela Lampe, OTD, OTR/L, Brenda Coppard, PhD, OTR/L, Yongyue Qi, MS, PhD (OT Dept.), Ali Maloy, MS, CPA, Maggie Knight, DBA, CPA, CGMA (Accounting Dept.)
- Enhancing Compassionate Palliative Care with Al: Respecting Human Dignity and Cultural Diversity: Jacob Siedlik, PhD, CSCS (EXS) Amanda Kirkpatríck, PhD, RN (Nursing), Steven Fernandes, PhD (Computer Science); Kaitlyn Heinneman (Exercise science major) and Kaylee Van Handel (Data science major)
- Helping Pre-Health Students Write Personal Statements: Faith Kurtyka, PhD (English Dept.), Meghan Dowd Schlattman, PT, DPT, CSMT (Exercise Science & Pre-Health Professions), Seth Kleinwort (Career Center), Jess DeWall (Center for Advising Resources & Support) and Amelia Harahap (BA'23, English, anticipated)
- LifeSavers: An Interprofessional Critical Care Escape Room: Theresa Jizba, DNP, AGACNP-BC, ACHN, Lindsay Iverson, DNP, APRN-NP, ACNP-BC (DNP program), Andrew Eckhart, BS, NRP, EMS-I, Ryan Batenhorst, EdD(c), MEd, NRP (Paramedicine Education)
- Marie Adomako, PhD, Resident Assistant Professor of Biology, for BIO 452/453: Microbiology
- Sara Banzhaf, DNP, College of Nursing, Assistant Professor, for the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) specialty track, Doctor of Nursing Practice program
- Jessica Goodman, PT, DPT, Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy (Phoenix), for PTD 536, an integrated lab incorporating health system awareness, patient advocacy and ethics in the delivery of physical therapy service
- Laura Heinemann, PhD, MSW, MA, Associate Professor of Anthropology, for a course on food justice and the intersections between food, culture, gender and health
- Kathryn Onorato, EdD, MS-IHW, CIPER/CCAS/CPCE Special Faculty/Program Administrator for Healthy Lifestyle Management, for HLM 450: Lifestyle Medicine
- Samantha Senda-Cook, PhD, Professor of Communication Studies, for COM/EVS 396: Food for Thought: Sustainability, Food, and Communication
- Zachary Smith, PhD, Associate Professor of Theology and Fine & Performing Arts (Classics), for THL 531 Studies in Early Christianity, centering the course around the question, "Can we place the origins of modern racism in classical antiquity and early Christianity?"