Resident Satisfaction and Program Goals
Internal Medicine Resident Satisfaction and Goals
At Creighton’s Internal Medicine Residency Program, your wellness matters, too. The program enjoys a unique sense of community among a diverse group of residents who truly care for one another.
It also has compassionate faculty mentors who enjoy teaching and are authentically invested in residents’ training and well-being.
- 97% - Collegial Team Environment
- 97% - Quality of Clinical and Didactic Teaching
- 96% - Opportunity to Participate in Scholarly Activity
- 95% - Support on Maintaining Physical and Emotional Well-Being
- 95% - Clinical Experience and Education
- 93% - Educational Content
- 93% - Protected Time for Structured Learning
- 93% - Appropriate Level of Supervision
- 91% - Diversity and Inclusion
- To Provide a Collaborative and Supportive Learning Environment
- Availability to Dedicated Faculty who are Passionate about Teaching the Art and Science of Medicine
- Resident Achievement of the Knowledge, Skills & Attitudes for Success as a Practicing General Internist or for Subspecialty Fellowship Training
Academic Half Days
Our resident-led Education Committee has implemented Academic Half Days as a project: “A New Dawn in the Internal Medicine Education Curriculum—A project by the residents, with the residents, for the residents.” The transition to this methodology eliminated the need for daily didactic lectures and gives residents protected learning time.
Our Academic Half Day is Wednesday afternoons following grand rounds. Academic Half Day curriculum includes our Core Curriculum, chief-resident-led small group sessions, interactive sessions with faculty, Journal Club, research, QI/PS and healthcare.