6th Annual Veterans Day Care Package Drive
Donate to the Troops
Nov. 9-11, 2022
Join this effort to show our support to Veterans in our community who have defended our freedom and are currently experiencing homelessness.
The Office of Military and Veterans Affairs, in partnership with the Staff Advisory Council, is excited to partner with local non-profit organization, Moving Veterans Forward, whose mission is dedicated to helping homeless veterans in Iowa and Nebraska get placed in homes. Their main goal is to provide veterans with a boost to assist them in becoming more self-sufficient. More information can be found about Moving Veterans Forward at www.mvfne.org.
Soups, crackers, canned meats, mac & cheese, ramen noodles, sloppy joe mix, coffee, liquid soap, lotion, cough drops, laundry detergent, toilet brushes, cleaning buckets, blankets, winter gloves, and socks. Personal notes of gratitude and encouragement are welcome, too.
Drop off donations at:
Please drop off items during regular office hours.
- Bergan Mercy: Graduate Medical Education, Suite 202 and G Elevator Area
- Eppley Building: Graduate School, Room B11
- Harper Center: Career Services & Admissions Area
- Hixson-Lied Building: Atrium Near HS-MACA
- Old Gym: Outside Room 103
- Reinert-Alumni Memorial Library: Room 138A
- Ryan Athletic Center: Room 229
- School of Dentistry: Student Entrance, 1st Floor and inside 3rd Floor Faculty Suite
- Wareham Building: 1st Floor Main Entrance
In honor of Veterans Day, our Phoenix colleagues will be participating in a thank you note writing campaign in partnership with Operation Gratitude from November 7 - 11.