Elementary Education Bachelor's Degree
Creighton’s elementary education program provides undergraduates with the valuable academic knowledge and practical skills that they will need to be an effective classroom teacher in grades Kindergarten through 8. Our program integrates Jesuit charisms, instructional technology, cultural understanding, and field-based experiences. If you are interested in teaching in the early grades, you may add the early childhood certificate to your BS in elementary education.
Please note - applications for Education majors require the following documents to be uploaded. If you do not have these documents ready for upload please quit the application and resubmit when all documents are ready.
- Essay: Why I want to Teach
- 250 Words; provide as an MSWord Doc
- Evidence of Experience with School-Age Children
- Provide as an MSWord Doc listing experiences with dates, duties and supervisor
- Dispositions, Convictions, & Mental Health Statement (PDF)
- Praxis Acknowledgement & Verification Statement (PDF)
- If you already have a bachelor’s degree and would like information on our MEd in elementary teaching, see our list of graduate programs. By completing the MEd in elementary teaching, you will earn both a master’s degree and an initial teaching certificate.
- If you already have a teaching certificate and want to add the early childhood endorsement, see our list of graduate programs for information about our early childhood graduate certificate.
The Elementary Education Program will provide you with the valuable academic knowledge and practical skills that you will need to be a classroom teacher.