Recent Survey Results
Mid-America Economy Ends on Healthy Note: One-Third Expect Bottlenecks to Worsen in 2022
December Survey Highlights:
* Creighton’s regional Business Conditions Index climbed into a range indicating very healthy manufacturing growth.
* Supply chain delays worsened in December.
* Approximately one-third of supply managers expect supply chain disruptions to get worse for the first six months of 2022.
* Economic confidence soars off weakness in November.
* Approximately half of supply managers expect the Omicron strain of Covid-19 to slow deliveries.
Rural Mainstreet Economy Expanding: Farmland Price Growth Soars to Another Record High
December Survey Results at a Glance:
* Overall index moved above growth neutral for the 13th straight month indicating healthy, consistent growth for the region.
* For a third straight month, the farmland price index rocketed to another record high.
*According to Bank CEOs, annual cash rents for non-irrigated, non-pasture farmland soared to $262 from $218 in February 2020, a month before the pandemic onset.
* Only 6.7% of bankers indicated that their local economy was contracting.
* Farm equipment sales climbed to highest level in more than 10 years.