Finances First Study
- Single working mothers ages 19 to 55 may be eligible to participate in a research study to determine the effects of financial education on health outcomes.
- Participants will be randomized to a year-long financial education program or no financial education program.
- If you are randomized to no financial education, then you will not receive the financial education but will be provided a slot to participate the following year, if you desire.
All participants undergo:
- 2 clinic visits at Creighton University
- Monthly phone follow-up
- Monetary stipend for time and travel
Participants randomized to the financial education program receive:
- 9 weeks of financial education including dinner and childcare
- 1 year of one-on-one financial coaching
- Ongoing continuing education