Prerequisites for the Doctor of Pharmacy Program.
For admission into the Doctor of Pharmacy program at Creighton University, you must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 63 semester hours or 95 quarter hours of prerequisites is required before entering the program.
- Prerequisite courses must be completed at any regionally accredited institution located within the United States and must be completed with a grade of C or better (a C- grade is not acceptable). Coursework from institutions that evaluate students with a narrative rather than numeric or alpha grade is not accepted.
- Completion of the acceptable General Chemistry sequence is required prior to admission consideration.
- All prerequisite coursework must be complete by August 1 of the year of matriculation.
- International students: To provide adequate time for completion of international student paperwork and visa processing, we require all prerequisite coursework to be completed at a United States institution and all transcripts received by our office no later than July 1 of the year of matriculation.
*PCAT is not required for consideration for admission.
General Biology I & II with labs (Coursework in botany, ecology, entomology, anatomy, or physiology will not fulfill the biology requirement.)
Human Anatomy (If enrolled in a combined anatomy/physiology course, 6 semester hours will be required.)
General Chemistry I & II with labs*
Organic Chemistry I & II with labs*
Calculus (Pre-calculus, survey, and brief calculus will not fulfill the requirement.)
English (including Composition)
Speech (Must include public speaking.)
Economics (Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, or Introductory Economics)
Electives (Nine semester hours from humanities or behavioral or social sciences. Creighton undergraduate students must complete 6 hours of Theology among the elective hours.)
*The chemistry courses must be a two-semester, eight-hour or equivalent course sequence. A course sequence is considered to be a correlated pair of courses offering in-depth coverage of a specific field and must be at a level such that the courses would be acceptable as prerequisites to advance towards a baccalaureate degree in that discipline. For chemistry and biology courses, survey courses, courses without associated laboratories, courses designed for non-science majors, online science courses utilizing a laboratory kit or abbreviated courses targeted toward health science majors are not acceptable as prerequisite science courses.
In addition to the academic requirements for admission, students must possess skills and abilities that will allow them to successfully complete the curriculum and practice the profession of pharmacy.
Creighton University puts certain requirements in place for its students and for the health and well being of our campus community.