Supporting fraternity and sorority life.
With 44% of undergraduates involved in Fraternity and Sorority Life, Creighton recognizes the importance of governing organizations to help individual chapters embody Jesuit values of leadership, scholarship, and service. Your involvement in Fraternity and Sorority Life is made possible by the active service of students within these organizations.
The IFC addresses philanthropy, scholarship, recruitment, and university relations for each of Creighton’s six active fraternities. If you choose to join a Creighton fraternity, you can be assured that the IFC:
- Aligns with and is loyal to Creighton’s purpose as an educational institution.
- Creates an atmosphere to stimulate the intellectual and social progress of its members.
- Provides fellowship and leadership opportunities for all members.
- Teaches men to live and work together as they strive towards development of mind and body.
Each fraternity represented in the council has one vote.
The Panhellenic Council is the coordinating body of Creighton’s eight active sororities. If you choose to join a Creighton sorority, you can be assured that the Panhellenic Council:
- Promotes superior scholarship as the basis for intellectual development.
- Works with Creighton officials to maintain high social and moral standards for member sororities.
- Acts in accordance with the rules of the National Panhellenic Conference and the Panhellenic Council, with the aim of respecting the sovereignty, rights, and privileges of member sororities.
Each sorority represented in the council has one vote.
The Fraternity and Sorority Life Standards Board (FSLSB) is the judicial body of the Creighton Fraternity and Sorority Life community. The board works with sororities and fraternities on risk management, policy infractions, and group discipline. For the benefit of all students, the FSLSB has created educational opportunities addressing dangerous behaviors and poor decision making within the FSL community, including social event behavior, hazing, conflict management and resolution, internet behavior, sexual health and assault, and more.
The Order of Omega is a national society honoring exceptional leadership in undergraduate sororities and fraternities. This society:
- Recognizes men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in fraternity and sorority life, and encourages them to inspire others.
- Helps to shape the university’s approach to fraternity and sorority life on campus.
- Unites faculty, alumni, and student members of fraternities and sororities to encourage understanding and cooperation.
- Creates an atmosphere of respect within and across Greek organizations.