Holistic health and wellbeing.
At Creighton, we strive to help students obtain holistic wellness by providing meaningful programs that improve mind, body, and spirit.
Our wellness team is always developing new and exciting opportunities to practice well-being and -- enjoy doing it.
See the variety of wellness resources available below.
The Creighton Cupboard provides a range of both perishable and nonperishable food items to undergraduate, graduate and professional students who self-identify as food insecure.
Exercise and Nutrition Program
The “Elevate Your Health” Exercise and Nutrition Program is designed to be a guide to learning more about the tools and steps you can take along your fitness and nutrition journey. All workouts are provided by our nationally certified trainers, and all nutrition tips are provided by our Registered Dietitian.
Looking to live a more balanced lifestyle but don’t know where to start or don’t have enough time? Follow this link to explore a collection of healthy and easy recipes. And, be sure to check back regularly to see a featured recipe each week!”
Financial Wellness Resources
Holistic wellness encompasses many dimensions, including financial health. Click here for some financial wellness tools. If you desire individualized (and free) consulting, the Creighton Federal Credit Union offers consultations. Send an email to schedule an appointment. And, fill out this one-minute questionnaire to indicate which topics you’d like to see in the future.
Creighton’s massage therapists provide relaxation and physical healing, conveniently located on-campus in the WellNest, inside the Kiewit Fitness Center.
Book an appointment >
Deep tissue massage is best for giving attention to certain painful, stiff “trouble spots” in your body. The massage therapist uses slow, deliberate strokes that focus on pressure on layers of muscles, tendons, or another tissues deep under your skin. Though less rhythmic than other types of massage, deep tissue massage can be quite therapeutic—relieving chronic patterns of tension and helping with muscle injuries such as back sprain.
The most common type of massage is Swedish massage therapy. It involves soft, long, kneading strokes, as well as light, rhythmic, tapping strokes, on topmost layers of muscles. This is also combined with movement of the joints. For relieving muscle tension, Swedish therapy can be both relaxing and energizing. It may even help after an injury. The four main strokes of Swedish massage are:
- Effleurage: A smooth gliding stroke used to relax soft tissue.
- Petrissage: The squeezing, rolling, or kneading that follows effleurage.
- Friction: Deep, circular movements that cause layers of tissue to rub against each other, helping to increase blood flow and breakdown scar tissue.
- Tapotement: A short, alternating tap with cupped hands, fingers, or the edge of the hand.
Reflexology is an alternative, non-conventional treatment. According to the reflexology Association of America, “Reflexology can be used with any medical or alternative therapy, or it can stand alone as an active health maintenance technique. It is the systematic, manual stimulation of the reflex maps located on the feet, hands and outer ears that resemble the shape of a human body. Pressure is applied using thumbs and fingers in small movements to stimulate an area far removed from the reflex point. It is believed to work through the nervous and subtle energy systems of the body.”
Step 1: Sign into MindBody
- Download the MindBody Fitness and Wellness app, or sign in here.
- Set up an account using the “continue with email” option. a. Use your Net ID email (email@example.com) and a password of your choice. If you already have an account with Mind Body, please create a new account with this email address.
- Verify your account via the email sent to your account. Check your junk folder if you don’t find the email in your inbox.
- In the search field, search “Creighton” and select Creighton Recreation & Wellness.” location option.
Step 2. Purchase and Schedule a Session
- In the search field, search “Creighton” and select “Creighton Recreation & Wellness.” location option.
- Select “View Schedule.”
- Select “Appointments.”
- Select “Massage Therapy.”
- Select the session type you’d like to purchase.
- Select the staff member you’d like to work with.
- Select the date and time you’d like to attend.
- Select “View Pricing.”
- Complete the payment process.