Upward Bound Eligibility
Who is Eligible?
To receive services, students must meet the following criteria:
- Students who have earned a minimum of a 2.50 grade point average at the time of the application.
- Students enrolled in the 9th - 11th grade, first semester. (Upward Bound does not accept students that have attained Senior status)
- And/or students who are a first generation college-bound student (neither parent has earned a four-year college degree)
- And/or students who meet the U.S. Department of Education income guidelines
- Students that show a need for Classic Upward Bound services
- Active participation in the Classic Upward Bound Academic year and the Summer Residential Academy components.
- Eighth grade may apply during the Spring semester before entering their Freshman year of High School