Title IX Advisory Committee
Creighton's Title IX Advisory Committee
The Title IX Advisory Committee was created in August 2017 as a standing Presidential Committee for the University. The Committee was formed by Fr. Daniel S. Hendrickson, S.J. as a permanent working group, focused on issues of policy, procedures, and programming initiatives around sexual and relationship misconduct.
The Title IX Advisory Committee followed the Policy and Procedure Review Committee on Sexual Misconduct, originally formed in March 2017. This committee was charged with examining and evaluating the University's existing policies, processes, and programming to address the issue of sexual misconduct. The committee met in the spring of 2017, offering a list of recommendations to Fr, Hendrickson, which included the creation of an ongoing committee.
The Title IX Advisory Committee reviews and makes recommendations to the Office of Title IX and Civil Rights Compliance regarding Creighton University's policies, procedures, and initiatives addressing sexual and relationship misconduct. This includes:
- Identify the needs, issues, and climate of campus with regards to issues of sexual and/or relationship misconduct
- Inform the University's policies and procedures that address sexual and/or relationship misconduct
- Ensure compliance with Title IX requirements and best practices regarding the reporting, resolution, and prevention of incidents of sexual and/or relationship misconduct
- Review programming, training opportunities, and educational materials regarding sexual and/or relationship misconduct for compliance and effectiveness
- Identify best practices for the University's violence prevention strategy
- Review annual statistics (aggregated) from the Office of Title IX and Civil Rights Compliance and the Violence Intervention and Prevention Center Report annually on the work and findings of the committee
The committee shall not have responsibility for, or advise on, the investigations or adjudications of specific cases or day-to-day operations of the Office of Title IX and Civil Rights Compliance.
The committee is comprised of faculty, staff, and students. Faculty and staff members are appointed for two-year terms and students are appointed for one-year terms. Ex-officio members of the committee represent the Office of Title IX and Civil Rights Compliance, Department of Human Resources, Department of Public Safety, the Office of the Provost, the Division of Student Life, and Athletics.
- Allison Taylor, MSEd- Title IX Coordinator (chair of the committee)
- Ellie Rohr, JD- Senior Investigator, Office of Title IX and Civil Rights Compliance
- Meredith Lierk, MDiv- Director, Violence Intervention and Prevention Center
- Michael Reiner- Associate Vice President, Department of Public Safety
- Nany Schrage- Senior Human Resource Generalist, Department of Human Resources
- Desiree Nownes, MS- Senior Director, Office of Community Standards and Wellbeing
- Tricia Sharrar, JD- Vice Provost for Academic Administration and Operations, Office of the Provost
- Tayler Vena, JD- Assistant Director for Compliance, Athletic Department
- Erika Dakin Kirby, PhD- Professor, Department of Communication Studies
- Lance Frazier, PhD- Associate Professor, Marketing and Management
- Lisa Johnson, DNP- Assistant Professor, College of Nursing
- One seat TBD- August 2020
- Shawn Cook, MPA- Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
- Lucy Hancock- Coordinator for International Student and Scholar Services, Global Engagement Office
- Allison Harlow, PhD- Director for Wellness and Resilience, Graduate Medical Education
- One seat TBD- August 2020
- To be reappointed in August 2020