Religion & Spirituality
Since religious tradition and spirituality is such an important part of your life at home, it is important to consider how those aspects of your identity will be impacted during your experience abroad.
Questions for Reflection
- What is the religious majority in my host country? Is my religion in the minority?
- How is my religion and/or spirituality perceived in my host country?
- Will I be treated any differently because of my religion and/or spirituality in this part of the world?
- What kind of religious or spiritual student organizations or local groups can I join in my host city/country?
- Are there places of worship I can attend in my host city/country?
- Review international news sources to understand the current political and societal issues in your host country.
- Explore the Pew-Templeton Global Religious Futures Project to discover the religious profile of your host country and the impact of religious change on societies around the globe. How do religious beliefs shape social values and political attitudes, trends in religious affiliation, and restrictions on religious practice?