Residents present on call issues during call report/AM handoff before conferences on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. Residents have protected didactic time from 8-9 Monday through Friday.
Residents are expected to present an interesting clinical case once per week when assigned to a clinical pathology rotation. These take place each Wednesday from 8-9.
Residents are expected to present at Journal Club, held the first Friday of the month. This is done on a rotational basis and includes the faculty.
Residents present at Grand Rounds Clinical Pathologic Correlation (CPC) each year.
Teaching Conferences at a Glance
- Formal On-Call Report/AM Hand-Off
- Surgical QA - Daily
- Didactic/Clinical Pathology lectures - weekly (Mondays)
- Didactic/Anatomic Pathology Lectures - weekly (Fridays)
- Infectious Disease Conference (city-wide) - weekly (Thursdays)
- Genital Urinary Tumor Board - bi-monthly (fourth Wednesday)
- Breast Conference - weekly (Tuesdays)
- Tumor Board - weekly (Wednesdays)
- Case Unknown Slide Sessions - weekly (Tuesday)
- Includes hematopathology, cytopathology, dermatopathology, CTTR (California Tissue Tumor Registry) slide sets, and PIP (Process Improvement Program) slide sets.
- Colposcopy/GYN Oncology - monthly (second Wednesday)
- Gastrointestinal - monthly (second Thursday)
- Interstitial Lung Disease - monthly (first Tuesday)
- Journal Club - monthly (first Friday)
- Grand Rounds: Clinical Pathologic Correlation - monthly (second Tuesday)
Creighton University Medical Center
7500 Mercy Road
Omaha, Neb. 68124