Dean's Fellowship Program
Creighton Law Dean’s Fellows Program is designed for outstanding law school candidates and is based in the Jesuit, Catholic traditions of Creighton University. This selective program is for top students who will work closely with the dean of the law school and members of the dean’s leadership team, building connections with faculty, staff, alumni, and students. They will work to develop leadership skills through discussion, debate, and experiences in the classroom, on campus, and in the community. Dean’s Fellows are passionate, engaged, and seek to promote justice in our community and throughout the world.
Fellows chosen for this exclusive program who are in good standing will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to unique and personalized externships and leadership opportunities inside and outside of the Law School
- Leadership seminars throughout each academic year
- Eligibility for Scholarships (partial to full)
- The opportunity to build relationships with other graduate student leaders
- Eligible for a $1,000 in-house foreign-study stipend or a $250 research and professional development grant
- Special invitations to meet and interact with campus speakers and alumni, including the School of Law Advisory Board, which consists of local and national leaders such as prominent lawyers, judges, and executives.
The highly competitive Dean’s Fellows Program is available to incoming law students who have strong academic credentials and are able to demonstrate their commitment to serving others in their education, community, and/or career goals.
Interested students must apply to the program. You can apply by checking the box on our law school’s application under the “Term” section. Select applicants will be offered an interview for the program within fourteen business days of their completed application.
Once admitted, members of the Law Dean’s Fellows Program must adhere to all policies to remain in good standing with the program. These policies include remaining in good academic standing, attending program-related meetings and events, and serving as an ambassador to prospective law students.
Applicants are permitted to apply to both the Creighton Scholars program and the Dean’s Fellows program but will only be admitted into one program.