Magis in Tucson, AZ
Spreading our Wings in the Southwest
The Tucson Magis Community began in 2018 with Cohort 17 teaching at San Miguel Cristo Rey High School, Saints Peter and Paul School Catholic School, and St. Ambrose Catholic School. Since then, the program has maintained strong partnerships with those schools and while expanding with teachers at St. John the Evangelist School and St. Augustine Catholic High School.
The beauty of the Sonoran Desert and the welcoming Catholic school community in Tucson have been defining reasons why our Magis teachers have loved their time in Tucson and why many have chosen to stay beyond their two-year commitment. The Magis teachers live in a newly renovated Cottage with spectacular views of the mountains.
Karol Arensberg, C19, MEd in Secondary Education
- Undergrad: Benedictine College
- Placement: St. Ambrose Catholic School, MS ELA
Tim Holmes, C20, MEd in Secondary Education
- Undergrad: Saint Anselm College
- Placement: St. Augustine Catholic High School, English
Teresa McCarthy, C20, MS in Educational Leadership
- Undergrad: Gonzaga University
- Placement: San Miguel High School, English
Adam Mullin, C19, MEd in Secondary Education
- Undergrad: St. Joseph’s University
- Placement: San Miguel High School, Theology
Emily Peck, C19, MS in Educational Specialist
- Undergrad: Creighton University
- Placement: Saints Peter and Paul Catholic School, 4th Grade
Magis CTC Contact Info
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
Magis is a member of the University Consortium for Catholic Education (UCCE). This consortium seeks to establish and support a growing cadre of colleges and universities as they design and implement graduate teaching service programs.