The clinical judgment component of the C-CEI© evaluates students’ ability to:
- Demonstrate clinical reasoning
- Interpret and prioritize information that has been collected during the simulation; i.e. vital signs, assessment findings, laboratory test results
- Formulate a plan of care for the specific patient in the scenario, including priority outcomes and outcome-driven interventions with appropriate rationale
- Delegate appropriately
- Critically reflect on the simulation experience
The Blank Template Worksheet is designed to help faculty develop the expected minimum behaviors for each competency within the assessment component.
When determining the expected minimum behaviors, faculty should take into consideration:
- The grade level of the student participant
- The desired learning outcomes of the scenario
With these in mind, faculty should reach a consensus about the behaviors required to obtain a score of one—demonstrates competency.