Pharmacy Curricula, Schedules & Dates
Pharmacy Schedules & Dates.
PharmD Curriculum Philosophy
The Creighton PharmD curriculum is designed to provide knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes and values to deliver patient-centered care. As a graduate, you will be able to provide care in collaboration with patients, prescribers, other health care providers and the community based upon sound therapeutic principles, evidence-based data and research. The curricular outcomes support our mission and vision for graduates to be nationally recognized for excellence in comprehensive patient-centered care and responsible citizenship and leadership.
The content, skills and outcomes of the curriculum are purposefully structured around a spiraling Introduce-Reinforce-Demonstrate (IRD) curricular model. The IRD model builds competence by structuring knowledge acquisition in a purposefully integrated cycle of increasing complexity. Each course identifies specific learning objectives that are tied to the relevant educational outcomes and denotes competencies to be introduced (I), reinforced (R) and/or demonstrated (D). In this way, the IRD model aligns instruction with desired goals and program outcomes.
Other exam notes and policies:
- The Pharmacy Distance and Phoenix exam window is from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time (CT). You must start your exam allowing enough time to complete your exam by 5 p.m. (CT) given the exam duration listed below, i.e. exam duration of 60 minutes would need to start no later than 4 p.m. (CT); exam duration of 100 minutes would need to start no later than 3:20 p.m.; exam duration of 120 minutes, would need to start no later than 3 p.m.
- Refer to the Examination Security and Time Window for Occupational Therapy and Pharmacy Students policy for more information. All Pharmacy Distance and Phoenix exams are proctored online using Examity. Students should make their exam appointments when the scheduling window opens.
- Friday is reserved as a make-up day in the event that may require the University to close or if there are technical problems
- Students should NOT make travel plans until Friday after 5 p.m.
- Final examinations scheduled for a day in which the University is closed will be rescheduled to the next available day. An alternate final examination schedule will be posted as soon as possible
- Final Exams Schedule Policy
- Pharmacy Exam Environment Expectations (campus)
- Examination Security and Time Window for Occupational Therapy and Pharmacy Students
- Emergency-Related School Closing and Suspension of Examinations
Course Schedules January-May
Schedules are tentative and may be updated until the first day of classes. Check schedules frequently for updates.
Lab Assignments available in NEST.
- PharmD1 Class of 2026 Lecture and Omaha Lab Schedule
- PharmD1 Class of 2026 Phoenix Lab
- PharmD2 Class of 2025 Lecture and Omaha Lab Schedule
- PharmD2 Class of 2025 Phoenix Lab
- PharmD3 Class 2024
Distance Pharmacy Summer Sessions
- Class of 2024 - Monday, May 8 (9 a.m.) – Friday, May 19 (5:30 p.m.), flights no earlier than 7:30 p.m. No weekend requirements on May 13 and 14.
- Class of 2026 - Monday, June 5 (8 a.m.) - Friday, June 16 (4 p.m.), flights no earlier than 5:30 p.m. No weekend requirements on June 10 and 11.
- Class of 2025 - Tuesday, June 20 (9 a.m.) - Friday, June 30 (4 p.m.), flights no earlier than 5:30 p.m. CPR renewal held on Tuesday, June 20 or Wednesday, June 21 in the evening (info coming in March). Required, all day Saturday, June 24, IPPE meetings. No Sunday requirements.
- Class of 2027 Orientation - Omaha, Week of August 6; Phoenix, Week of August 6
- All courses and activities take place in-person and in Omaha unless otherwise noted.
- Tasks before arriving in Omaha – information coming in late-March